Roberto Di Matteo

Sam3773

3 minutes ago, hippo said:

1 win 6 looks good ?  - I suppose Remi Garde will for those stats. Big job, early days, etc. Like the players he has brought. but don't like the results ...ergo not looking good at this moment in time.

Hippo, that post was stuck for some reason and I wrote that a few weeks back, just clicked it to move on to my current post.....However,these things do come back back and bite us.

However, essentially we are playing some decent stuff when we are in the ascendancy its the lack of containment when we are without the ball that seems to be undoing all the other good work.

Just now, TRO said:

Hippo, that post was stuck for some reason and I wrote that a few weeks back, just clicked it to move on to my current post.....However,these things do come back back and bite us.

However, essentially we are playing some decent stuff when we are in the ascendancy its the lack of containment when we are without the ball that seems to be undoing all the other good work.

Seem to remember people saying the same about RG !!!!

We can't kill teams off , and have a very dubious keeper as no 1. - Also the system we are playing looks very lopsided to me. Grealish is doing ok out wide, Mccormack is playing far to deep , and Ayew is firing blanks. Against the likes of rotherham we can get away these errors - but much above that standard and we won't.(Aren't)

Got to admit Im concerned. The warning signs are there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

This is true and it's how I see it.  At the moment we're playing well and not getting the results, but the results will come as we gel.  I'm not worried about 1 win in 6 because I can see the progress.  Obviously that ratio can't continue, but IMO it won't.  It's like the anti-Lambert when that started to crumble.  Despite the fact we were grinding out draws and the odd win, people were worried because they could see that we were almost blagging it and it couldn't last.  We eventually got found out, but it was in the pipeline for months.  I believe when we click i.e. when the results match the performances and we can sort out our 2nd half form then we'll be more than fine.

• Like 1

Regardless of how many come in now I'd say RDM & Dr X have done a great job getting rid of almost all of the shite and bringing in players who it looks like will improve the team.

Unfortunately, some of the cancers have left a heavy stain.

If I was a manager of a Team playing against us last season, my team talk would have been the following.

When we have the ball, go at them. The midfield is weak, offer no protection, any movement from forwards and Midfield runners will be too much for the back four, take on FBs, once we score a second will come soon enough.

When Villa have the ball, let them do the 'sideways' passing, they'll make a mistake and we'll be in.

IF we cant get the ball off them (for some strange reason) just foul someone or hoof it out. A freekick or throw in to Villa is a sure way of regaining possesion.

Villa's passing and possesion isnt good. Pressure them into mistakes.

Keepers kicking is suspect.

FBs push on but cant cross (no danger there) leaving space behind and the CBs exposed.

Midfield is easy to outmuscle

Attacks break down through greed, bad final ball, no movement off the ball and they cant find the net.

Go get them 3 pts, you know we can. Villa believe they cant win.

P.S the fans will be on them, just a matter of when.

Right then, this seasons teamtalk against the Villa.............. Now where did I put my notes from last season?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

This team is good enough for top 6.

I know he's new, as are many of the players, but anything lower will be underwhelming IMO.

Anything less than promotion will be a huge failure IMO, noting the money spent 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Agreed. I don't expect miracles but I would hope to be hitting full steam come November and pushing the top 4 coming up to Xmas. I would start to have my doubts if he doesn't have us up and running by then.

He's given the board a list of players to get Villa promoted, and they've been delivered. He knows the season gers serious now. Tony and co have done their bit.

RDM needs to start winning games and climbing the table.

Its going to be exciting :D

17 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

This must be first time in history where we have a better team in the championship then we did in premier league

Lets just hold our horses shall we. They say you're only as good as your last game, and we were shit in that, and in almost all of the games that preceded it.

RDM needs to turn transfer fees into results which is not easy.

I'll define a better team as one that wins more games.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, BOF said:

This is true and it's how I see it.  At the moment we're playing well and not getting the results, but the results will come as we gel.  I'm not worried about 1 win in 6 because I can see the progress.  Obviously that ratio can't continue, but IMO it won't.  It's like the anti-Lambert when that started to crumble.  Despite the fact we were grinding out draws and the odd win, people were worried because they could see that we were almost blagging it and it couldn't last.  We eventually got found out, but it was in the pipeline for months.  I believe when we click i.e. when the results match the performances and we can sort out our 2nd half form then we'll be more than fine.

We are playing well for half a game at a time. We don't seem to have any kind of plan B at all. I find it deeply troubling that we can't react when the opposition make changes. We just seem to crumble and fall apart without responding.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, KHV said:

We are playing well for half a game at a time. We don't seem to have any kind of plan B at all. I find it deeply troubling that we can't react when the opposition make changes. We just seem to crumble and fall apart without responding.

Funnily enough I was talking with an Albion fan recently about RDM and he said that the fans (in general) liked him but felt he offered no plan B if things weren't working.The positive thing was that, in the Championship, plan A worked like a charm for the Baggies and they battered the league.

Let's hope he's learned from his past mistakes and gets the team playing...

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

This must be first time in history where we have a better team in the championship then we did in premier league

.....do you mean on paper?

I suspect,they need to gel in to a team and start winning, before that statement is credible.

52 minutes ago, KHV said:

It is a major issue for us and needs fixing.

14 hours ago, Xela said:

i'm looking at it stage by stage.....At present the way we are playing promotion is unrealistic....We have too many fundamental playing issues.

I'm waiting for us to to start playing football that kills teams off and denies them ways of getting back in the game....If we can display that..... I will then take an interest in the top of the table.

• Like 1

Â