Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

What do you want Heck to say. The coats of this have gone up massively due to inflation. It looks unlikely that the transport infrastructure will be improved. With the need to have 80% of fans arriving on public transport and the stadium open for a year before the Euros we have too much risk there. 

Additionally when the plans were made they didn't factor in loss of European match day revenue (which we can expect now most seasons) and the impact of two seasons without the north stand on the teams home performance. 

There are limits to what amount of information he can give away. 

I'd prefer him to say what the real reasons and real plans are.  Did he even mention construction costs?  Even if he did,  how is that situation going to improve by delaying a rebuild? It isn't. 

As has been said the proposals were already accepted regardless of the upgrade to Witton Station. So why is that suddenly an issue?  The transport situation throughout the West Midlands is a disaster, both public transport and on the roads.  Moving to a more central site may move us nearer to three stations, but will there be enough trains to serve a 60000 capacity stadium.  Will there be enough parking even assuming you can get anywhere near the stadium by road?  If park and ride is the plan why can't that operate in the current location?

It was said that NSWE had a 5 year plan to get us into CL/Europe. If so, it means they would or should have been expecting/planning for European football revenue round about, er, now. And next season.  And the one after.  So why plan a new stand at all if loss of Euro revenue was a consideration?

And I still don't see why it would take two years to build. 

Like I said the reasons given don't stack up for me, so why come out with them?  Plus his previous comments and actions don't exactly scream "Honest Chris" as a potential nickname, except with the greatest of irony intended.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

Access and parking is a real issue, also can take hours getting out onto the M6 when full, can only imagine another 10k people would amplify the issue. Don't know the answer but needs addressing 

Wasn’t a problem pre all seater stadiums. As I’ve said before, I attended many games at VP North of 50,000 attendances, a couple in excess of 60,000. FA Cup semi finals were also way above what we get now. This infrastructure thing is overblown. Yes it would need improving, but it isn’t something that a few extra trains and buses couldn’t cope with.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Zero7 said:

Access and parking is a real issue, also can take hours getting out onto the M6 when full, can only imagine another 10k people would amplify the issue. Don't know the answer but needs addressing 

As someone else mentioned yesterday, the idea of Villa Live/Warehouse is that more people would want to stick around after the game rather than leave at the same time, especially if the new stand includes better food and drink stalls as well.  That should ease congestion a bit.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, saturdaygig said:

Compulsory purchase powers are for public bodies only, and even they have a bunch of hoops to jump through. Absolutely not an option.

Why did Tottenham use one then?

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was an in-house interview - essentially Heck had some things he wanted to say so they got the office boy in to read him the questions he'd written and filmed it - it won't have just come up.

It's strange - Heck is a brand manager with a formidable reputation and a proven track record of delivering on brands and the communication of brand ideas and the development of business through that - yet on a personal level his own communication is so erm...peculiar, that it's often still not entirely clear what he's said after he's tried to be clear about it. 

I haven't entirely given up on a 2025 start, simply based on the idea that Heck communicates in a really confused way, and even though I'm fairly sure he's told us it's not happening at all.

Heck reminds me of every COO I've ever talked to who is giving away maybe 5% of what he knows but the owners tag him as the fall guy for delivering the news.

Not got the gift of the gab he does.

3 hours ago, delboy54 said:

Spot on.

I have seen so many CEO's on a 2 year churn where I work and they just don't want to make any mistakes to blot their CV as they progress up the slippery pole. Short term, mini fix's easy to do stuff that looks great with a bit of bullsh*t and polish on the CV. Heck will be gone in 18 months/2 years - problem is that he may well have bu%%ered up loads of stuff at VP during his tenure but he will be long gone when the brown stuff hits the fan

In a way I am not that surprised that the VP new stand/upgrade was cancelled. 

Intrigued as to what the 5 to 10 year future will look like at VP though...

Delboy, are you talking about us supporters or an air movement device?🤣

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, limpid said:

Ah, the good old days when there was a not for profit bus service, football special trains and less than one car per adult parked outside all the houses.

I dont get how people cant comprehend theres more traffic now 😂

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Have you been to Tottenham before? The surrounding area is the biggest Shit hole in London. Way worse than Aston. The location of the Stadium isn't as important as the transport links.

Depends if we want to try and bring in more revenue by making the area a destination, rather than just the stadium for match days. Having fan zones or entertainment venues would help boost revenue. Having slums nearby doesn't.

But yes, transport links are vital.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Will this effect us hosting Euro 2028? Everton are having similar delays in moving in as well by sounds of it

It shouldn't do as our existing capacity is sufficient for group games anyway - we won't get the later games, but there's every chance we might not have got those anyway.

Our situation is very different to Everton's. Their stadium construction is already around 70% complete, but won't be ready for the start of next season so they'll be moving in for the 2025/26 season - I think that's pretty much in keeping with their plan.

Trying to crack the hardest league in World Football on a budget and a warehouse ffs. 

I’m even more angry today than I was yesterday. Hopefully the fans group give them a hard time tonight but I doubt very much they will. 

Edited by WHY
  • Like 2

Â