Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 hours ago, brommy said:

After a certain size, adding extra capacity is more expensive per seat. A couple of thousand extra seats could be achieved by adding wraparound corners to the North Stand upper tiers, although that would swing away from the club's design language of Villa Park's standalone structures (they're going halfway by wrapping around the lower tier).

I think the club will pause at 50k for a few seasons as they take stock of the demand at the seat and hospitality price points they wish to offer.

Well, the 2028 euro bid has Villa Park's capacity at over 52,000. The current North Stand plan has us at a bit over 50k. And within the original application last year the eventual aim is to have capacity near  to 60,000. However if/how they will do all of this is open to debate.

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Well, the 2028 euro bid has Villa Park's capacity at over 52,000. The current North Stand plan has us at a bit over 50k. And within the original application last year the eventual aim is to have capacity near  to 60,000. However if/how they will do all of this is open to debate.

I did note the Euro 28 bid had Villa Park's anticipated capacity at 52k. The next phase being announced at 50k was a slight annoyance to me as, after segregation, we still won't be announcing 50 thousand attendances, so when I saw 52k I was pleased.

My current expectation is the new North Stand will go ahead (some were speculating it might not after the delays) but capacity will pause at 50k (we won't not host Euro games because of it). Although, I'll be happy if 52k is completed in the next 4 years or so.

1 minute ago, Pongo Waring said:

Its a shame if we get Champions League Footy for the first ever time ( I said "champions league" not "European cup" btw).. We have to play in a reduced stadium attendance.  

Yeah but it is more important that we expand. Current North Stant is holding us back as it has a small capacity,  poor corporate (by 2023 standards) and the space  around it is wasted. If we want to keep growing we need to expand asap 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pongo Waring said:

Right after the Foo Fighters concert in the summer. Everlong closing the North Stand Out! 

I'm going to that gig and I will raise a drink to the old girl - horrid 1970's concrete façade and all.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

I'm going to that gig and I will raise a drink to the old girl - horrid 1970's concrete façade and all.

And yet, I love it, certainly from the pitch side perspective.  It was an amazing facility for its time and it is still a reference point for visualising parts of the ground which have been replaced and also great moments on the pitch….Morley’s winner against Anderlecht, the penalty shoot outs in 1994, etc.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S-Platt said:

Is the 52K capacity achievable by the extra seats they will add to Trinity and Witton Lane Stands as part of the New North Stand?

Not during Phase 1 of the work, which is the only phase that Villa have currently stated they are set to commence. The 50k capacity includes a slight increase to the lower tiers accessed by Trinity and D.E. entrances.

• Thanks 1

If you look at the designs for the reconfigured trinity corner by taking out the super riser and vormitories you’ll get an increase in capacity … There’s an extra 2/3 rows worth of seats by re-jigging these 

IMG_9051.jpeg

Edited by thabucks
Managed to upload photo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I assume this is only a pause to take commercial advantage of a full Villa Park if we make the CL? Maybe...

That said, we're going to have to bite the bullet of reduced capacity at some point.

Edited by rubberman
  • Like 1

Â