Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

14 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

If the capacity is above 30k then it's 3k minimum for away fans, so you can reduce that to 1k for members only.

I think other clubs have successfully applied for lower away fan numbers during special circumstances such as stadium redevelopment.

• Like 1

It's interesting, because that schedule isn't what the club suggested to the fans group at our last meeting. Which might be an indication of confidence, or a desire to push on, that wasn't quite so strong previously.

A reduced capacity next season means that members who have paid for a membership since the start of this season will be getting a product of reduced value - it'll be interesting to see if the club will consider a partial refund on those.

In terms of allocations, we have just over 27,000 season ticket holders and sell around 8,000 tickets per game on a single match basis - if capacity is 36,000, then you'd imagine that will be much reduced - depending on how much we're allowed to reduce away capacity, then I'd guess at around 3,000 available per game for members- with very little guarantee that those tickets will be neatly bundled into two's and three's.

There will be around three thousand or so season ticket holders in the North Stand that will be displaced and that they club will, I'm sure want tonsure get to stay together (you wouldn't want a family split for two seasons), so I think we'll see them take some of the good stuff around the ground - it'd certainly be disappointing if they weren't properly looked after and important they're offered a choice that's right (rather than getting shoved into the Upper Trinity corners).

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

There will be around three thousand or so season ticket holders in the North Stand that will be displaced and that they club will, I'm sure want tonsure get to stay together (you wouldn't want a family split for two seasons), so I think we'll see them take some of the good stuff around the ground - it'd certainly be disappointing if they weren't properly looked after and important they're offered a choice that's right (rather than getting shoved into the Upper Trinity corners).

I support your sentiment to look after temporarily displaced North Stand season ticket holders as best as practical, but without moving some of the 24 to 25k other season ticket holders currently occupying the prime areas of the remaining 3 stands, surely they can only be accommodated in the corners?

First offer of the very few season tickets that aren't renewed could be one idea.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brommy said:

I support your sentiment to look after temporarily displaced North Stand season ticket holders as best as practical, but without moving some of the 24 to 25k other season ticket holders currently occupying the prime areas of the remaining 3 stands, surely they can only be accommodated in the corners?

First offer of the very few season tickets that aren't renewed could be one idea.

There are tickets all over the ground sold on a match by match basis to members - I'd like to see the North Stand season ticket holders given a choice on those before anything else. It might well be that the club for example reduces the away allocation, giving only the lower tier and move the North Stand ST holders into the Upper Ellis en masse - but I'd hope they'll have some sort of choice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There are tickets all over the ground sold on a match by match basis to members - I'd like to see the North Stand season ticket holders given a choice on those before anything else. It might well be that the club for example reduces the away allocation, giving only the lower tier and move the North Stand ST holders into the Upper Ellis en masse - but I'd hope they'll have some sort of choice.

Not really too fussed where moved to for the next two seasons but would like first refusal on tickets in the new North Stand when its ready. 

17 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

North Stand holds around 6,500, capacity is around 42,500 - seems about right to me.

Yeah, I'd somehow got in my head that we were at just over 40k for some reason. 

36,000 is no suprise at all then. 

5 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Mildly irritating this is coinciding when we have our 150th anniversary and possibly we find ourselves in the champions league. Possibly.

Would have been good to have a full house. But y’know, tis what it is.

In an ideal world I'd have left demolition to early 2025 if we made CL as will be a bit disappointing kicking towards an empty stand for potentially glamour ties. Guess that would inconvenience too many though if you just sold half season tickets in North and then those fans would all struggle to get re-allocated elsewhere.

Will be less for any potential CL matches as for europe we have to rope off the first 3-4 rows in Holte and North due to the higher advertising board and still offer aways 2k tickets.

Of course not all foreign teams will take up the full allocation so upper Witton should be open regularly for Villa fans next season and so we regain 1.5k home fans in that section of the ground.

In a very ideal world we'd have started the North stand rebuild during summer 2020 and lockdown but of course we very easily could've gone straight back down and then no guarantee the next season was going to be any easier so would've been far riskier in those times.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Stephen_Evans said:

I think many people will be surprised by what an enormous project this is.  104 weeks isn’t long really.

You'd assume the lower portion would be ready a bit earlier for winter 2025 perhaps? Unless the corner entrance is also getting destroyed and so the only way in will be the new grand entrance for every single seat?

When you think about it the new Trinity was built very quickly considering it's a touchline stand. From what I recall we knocked it straight down the day after the Man. United game in May 2000. It was still a shell for the opening few games but we did have fans in some sections from October 2000 and then the roof was put in the next month. Think all parts of stand were operational for the Boxing day game v Man. United and the ground then hosted an England game v Spain in Feb 2001.

To get a stand of the scale of Trinity up in well under a year was very impressive even if the end result still massively divides opinion given what it replaced.

Of course times are different and there is so much to re-configure and rebuild around and indeed under the North Stand so it will take a long time.

Also have to hold on a bit for the summer gigs to conclude so we instantly lose a month there.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but when Man Utd had their expansion of the north stand in 95/96 I’m sure they didn’t have away fans in whilst the stand was being built? 

Same for Newcastle when they stuck that massive tier up in late 90s.

Since then most clubs have just moved rather than attempted to expand.

Probably best barometer is Liverpool. Did we still have usual allocation there in August given they're extending that stand? Their contractors went bust and so they had to cut Everton's allocation.

We'll have to reduce away fan allocation regardless as the section right in the corner won't be safe given it's very close proximity to North Stand. There's also a emergency exit access point there aswell which I presume will have to go somewhere close by so that will probably take out a section of seats.

Â