Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

1 hour ago, sharkyvilla said:

When I did the Villa Park tour at the end of last year the guide said they will start building the new stand behind the old one, which went against all the stuff I've read about it.

Yeah, he's completely wrong.

There's a hump of earth that the North Stand sits on - they want to remove that, so that you don't have to go up a level to get into the new stand - to do that, they'll demolish everything and then level that off so that the whole space is level with the height of the pitch.

All this talk of the new North Stand, does not seem like five minutes since the current one was being built. They split the bottom between home and away fans about half way through that ended in a nasty altercation involving masonry and Everton supporters. 

Anyway, back on track does anyone know what the arrangements will be for the Villa live part? Membership or pay on the door? Will it have restaurants etc as I see demand outstripping capacity very easily

6 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Anyway, back on track does anyone know what the arrangements will be for the Villa live part? Membership or pay on the door? Will it have restaurants etc as I see demand outstripping capacity very easily

There's not been any announcements yet on entry to Villa Live.

My guess is pay on the door, perhaps at around £5.

Villa will want to maximise matchday revenue by filling it and selling plenty of beer and food, but entry for free or only a couple of quid would probably lead to capacity management issues.

I'm guessing there'll be plenty of food and drink counters but not sure about a 'restaurant' as such. If I were Villa I'd go for a food court style giving a choice of different food offerings.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, brommy said:

There's not been any announcements yet on entry to Villa Live.

My guess is pay on the door, perhaps at around £5.

Villa will want to maximise matchday revenue by filling it and selling plenty of beer and food, but entry for free or only a couple of quid would probably lead to capacity management issues.

I'm guessing there'll be plenty of food and drink counters but not sure about a 'restaurant' as such. If I were Villa I'd go for a food court style giving a choice of different food offerings.

I think this is about right and fits with the Holte "premium" offering being a more formal food choice.

• Like 1

I think it'll also depend to an extent on how it's occupied - if there's a Nando's and a Wetherspoons in there they'll want to be able to make their own arrangements. It might be that Villa don't operate the whole of the site - and you might pay extra to enter the Villa bits but not the public bit.

I suspect though that'll it'll be as above and operated like the two Holte suites.

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it'll also depend to an extent on how it's occupied - if there's a Nando's and a Wetherspoons in there they'll want to be able to make their own arrangements. It might be that Villa don't operate the whole of the site - and you might pay extra to enter the Villa bits but not the public bit.

I suspect though that'll it'll be as above and operated like the two Holte suites.

If it’s like the box parks then the central bar would be run essentially by the villa using agency staff then the food stalls all around should be local companies that hire the kitchens from Villa.

Be nice to promote Brummie businesses. 

I can’t wait for it. The box parks are class, great way to create atmosphere pre games, place to continue the banter and chants after a win after games and a place for villa fans to meet in numbers when away games are on. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, spiezels said:

If it’s like the box parks then the central bar would be run essentially by the villa using agency staff then the food stalls all around should be local companies that hire the kitchens from Villa.

I can’t wait for it. The box parks are class, great way to create atmosphere pre games, place to continue the banter and chants after a win after games and a place for villa fans to meet in numbers when away games are on. 

Yeah I think a Digbeth Dining club/hockey social food vibe would be very good. 

• Like 1

On 09/04/2023 at 21:52, OutByEaster? said:

Yeah, he's completely wrong.

There's a hump of earth that the North Stand sits on - they want to remove that, so that you don't have to go up a level to get into the new stand - to do that, they'll demolish everything and then level that off so that the whole space is level with the height of the pitch.

"Hump of earth"? Cough cough..... It's hallowed ground sunshine. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I so wish they could buy The Aston Hotel and give it the Holte Hotel treatment. I'm sure they could buy/build the shelter a more suitable, easier to maintain building.  I bet the energy bills for that place are enormous. 

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I so wish they could buy The Aston Hotel and give it the Holte Hotel treatment. I'm sure they could buy/build the shelter a more suitable, easier to maintain building.  I bet the energy bills for that place are enormous. 

Yeah obviously sensitive to its current use, it was a shame that supporters lost it. 

That building and the Brittania. Whenever I get off the train at Aston I look at it and think it’s such a missed opportunity to be something.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, spiezels said:

I agree, I'm interested to see how this works too.

At the time it was announced The Box Park would be open for home and away games allowing Villa fans to watch our games which is a great idea. This could also be extended to Home Internationals, tournament football etc, place would be a goldmine. Surely fans would rather watch football on TV at Villa Park and give their own club the money rather than other sports bars etc.

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I went to my first game in years against Forest and I thought the same thing, it's a lovely looking building which would be lovely to renovate and promote. Also opposite there is an interesting building (possibly a tram station) it has a wonderful vibe to it. So much history around Aston, Witton Lane etc. 

It's almost as if the place could do with being gentrified a little with these renovations etc. It certainly needs it!

• Like 1

Â