Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

3 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really wish the club would release the picture of the seating bowl design - you get a real sense of how big this stand is from it and how much the seating will change the dynamic at Villa Park. 

It's enormous.

Have you seen it?

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

It was an image they shared at the Supporters meeting - three sectional mock ups of the seating bowl - it's one that really impressed me.

Can't you quickly draw it, from memory, an d post it up!??

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I really wish the club would release the picture of the seating bowl design - you get a real sense of how big this stand is from it and how much the seating will change the dynamic at Villa Park. 

It's enormous.

Presume it will be a big lower tier, middle corporate section, and a smaller upper?

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Presume it will be a big lower tier, middle corporate section, and a smaller upper?

Hmm like this ?

Sorry can’t add 

Edited by Chine

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

There is a link on the official site which gives a description of the plans, along with an artist impression cross section of the new stand. See link below:-

New North Stand consultation

It looks like your assumption is correct from the picture at the bottom. 

• Thanks 1

Anyone know if Villa Park tried to be a host for The Women's Euros? 

Strange lack of venues in The Midlands. 

There is no work on this summer is there? 

Edited by sidcow

26 minutes ago, sidcow said:

There's a lack of Midlands grounds and then also a disparity between the grounds, there's recording breaking nights at old Trafford but then games at man city's training stadium

Its a bit weird 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

The Commonwealth Games are in Birmingham in 3 weeks, probably not easy to manage all the resources of 2 tournaments

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

The Commonwealth Games are in Birmingham in 3 weeks, probably not easy to manage all the resources of 2 tournaments

tenor.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 08/07/2022 at 21:10, NeilS said:

There is a link on the official site which gives a description of the plans, along with an artist impression cross section of the new stand. See link below:-

New North Stand consultation

It looks like your assumption is correct from the picture at the bottom. 

Oh yeah forget about  that picture. It will make the stadium look a lot different. The current North Stand is quite top heavy, with the lower tier being really shallow and small. The Upper is a fair size but the stand is quite narrow hence the low capacity.  It was originally designed for about 5k of seats in the upper and 5k terrace in the lower. Lost 2-3 thousand in capacity when made all seater in the early 90s. It is a inefficient use of space really.

Bruce Springsteen now playing Villa Park on Friday, June 16, 2023 so I guess nothing is happening before then.  Can't remember what their potential timings were.

There is obviously a plan to use VP for concerts in future.  I wonder if the club has come to some sort of arrangement, this hasn't happened for years and now we've had 2 even if 1 was cancelled. 

18 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Bruce Springsteen now playing Villa Park on Friday, June 16, 2023 so I guess nothing is happening before then.  Can't remember what their potential timings were.

There is obviously a plan to use VP for concerts in future.  I wonder if the club has come to some sort of arrangement, this hasn't happened for years and now we've had 2 even if 1 was cancelled. 

Guess that was one of the reasons why construction would start in October? Seemed a funny time to close a stand two months into a season.

No doubt this timescale will get pushed back a bit. I really can't see construction on the ground within 16 months, its seems a tad ambitious. Summer 2024 seems more realistic imo.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sidcow said:

John Gregory is probably camping outside for tickets already 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

If they put the stage in front of the North Stand it wouldn't cause much of a problem I'd have thought.

• Like 2

Â