Villa Park redevelopment

Phumfeinz

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It is going to look immense from the M6 when it's done this. 

Thinking about this, there's a couple of views of Villa Park you get coming from North of the city that are going to be very different and hopefully quite spectacular in the future - when you come over Barr Beacon you get a brief view of VP from the North Stand End and then again heading towards the ground as you travel down the A34 coming  toward the Alexander stadium - from that side of the city this is going to look fantastic.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I’d love to see the lower section of the Holte End to have safe standing/rail seating installed as well as the proposed new North Stand.

It is anyway really

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tomsky_11 said:

Anyone else reading this as possibly planning a separate structure behind the new stand with the intention of having fans stick around longer pre/post match? Perhaps some boxpark-esque thing with food and bars? Or a hotel perhaps? Guess might be one way to make transport less an issue if spreads out the time people leave the ground. Also obviously more revenue for the club as well.

I think this is the future, go to the new spurs ground and they capture all of the money you spend for about 2 hours before and after the game. The recent introductions of outside bars by the north stand and some decent eating places have surely shown a demand for this.

23 hours ago, sidcow said:

When they built The Holte the lower section opened only a couple of months into the season.

The lower half of the New North Stand, or the Mallory Edens stand as I like to call it, should on it's own put Villa Park back to current capacity. 

Surely it would be The Mallory Edens Upper and The Mallory Edens Lower

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Surely it would be The Mallory Edens Upper and The Mallory Edens Lower

I would love to slowly slide into position in Mallory Edens Lower. The way we are playing lately though shortly after the match starts I'll just get over excitable and start ejaculating nonsense in an uncontrollable way. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Thinking about this, there's a couple of views of Villa Park you get coming from North of the city that are going to be very different and hopefully quite spectacular in the future - when you come over Barr Beacon you get a brief view of VP from the North Stand End and then again heading towards the ground as you travel down the A34 coming  toward the Alexander stadium - from that side of the city this is going to look fantastic.

In the past when it's been an evening game and I've had the afternoon off I've actually got the bus in from Walsall which runs down Barr Beacon and it's a great sight seeing VP being lit up from a distance. Then have something to eat at the Scott Arms and get the 51 going down the A34 and seeing VP getting closer.

You'd like to think prep work would start towards the end of whichever season. From memory Trinity was knocked down right after final league game in 2000 and while it was nowhere near finished I think most of the stand was available for fans to at least watch by Boxing day so I'd be surprised if it took a full season for the whole stand to be operational.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

In the past when it's been an evening game and I've had the afternoon off I've actually got the bus in from Walsall which runs down Barr Beacon and it's a great sight seeing VP being lit up from a distance. Then have something to eat at the Scott Arms and get the 51 going down the A34 and seeing VP getting closer.

You'd like to think prep work would start towards the end of whichever season. From memory Trinity was knocked down right after final league game in 2000 and while it was nowhere near finished I think most of the stand was available for fans to at least watch by Boxing day so I'd be surprised if it took a full season for the whole stand to be operational.

Ye I remember we got shifted over to to the Doug Ellis for the first half of the season then basically sat amongst the scaffolding for the rest of the season. Was the season of Luc Nilis goal v Chelsea 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StewieGriffin said:

Surely it'll be heavily "sponsored" by Adidas... 👀 

Doubt Nas has any sway there, big board of which despite being the biggest shareholder he'd still only get 1 vote, he's not even on the main board 

The Adidas thing might happen one day but Adidas at above market value I don't see ever happening 

8 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

So any guesses when the last time Villa Park had a 50,00 crowd in?

No prizes, just a feeling of smug self-satisfaction.

It had a capacity of 48,000 when we when I was a nipper. 

I'm guessing it was therefore before the North Stand was built so sometime mid 70's though crowds were sparse then so maybe 60's. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 1

Fun fact, the record attendance at Old Trafford is not for a Man Utd game. 

Was 76,962 for.... Wolverhampton Wanderers vs Grimsby Town, 25 March 1939! 

• Like 1

Â