Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

This is getting a bit annoying/boring now, has Xia not actually clarified anything?

Wonder what Brian Little is making of this all?!

Does Collymore know anything?!

And is Juan Pablo Angel going to come back and save us?

No, never has. Just likes the sound of his own voice, and swears a lot because he thinks it makes him sound like a big man.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If my memory is correct.

Lord King etc were actually pissed off at Lerner and Co, not at the new owners.

That's how I remember it - Mervyn King was interviewed on Sky News about some unrelated business thing and they took the opportunity to ask him about Villa at the end of the interview. IIRC he said there was very exciting things in pipeline regarding the new owners. I think at this stage he had already fallen out with Lerner.

• Like 2

Just to try and clarify where we are now, does anyone think that Dr Tony Xia has any money? I don't mean business shares or small percentages of failing businesses, I mean actual cash, like in cash flow?

If the answer is no then a sale is inevitable. No investors in their right minds will hand over cash to Dr T for a minority share of AVFC, so an outright 100% sale will happen.

The question is .... when?

The next question is .... Will it be before or after he's able to bank the 'reduced for quick cash only' sales of players like Grealish and Chester? Dr T has until August 9th to asset strip the playing staff if that's his intention, after that the monthly cash outlay for wages and PAYE can only be raised by further borrowing. 

With no further parachute payments (after this current one) promotion would be the only way for Dr T not to continue losing money, and that is not a likely scenario with the loss of key players. He must realise this, so a sale of AVFC should be imminent. 

7 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

Just to try and clarify where we are now, does anyone think that Dr Tony Xia has any money? I don't mean business shares or small percentages of failing businesses, I mean actual cash, like in cash flow?

If the answer is no then a sale is inevitable. No investors in their right minds will hand over cash to Dr T for a minority share of AVFC, so an outright 100% sale will happen.

The question is .... when?

The next question is .... Will it be before or after he's able to bank the 'reduced for quick cash only' sales of players like Grealish and Chester? Dr T has until August 9th to asset strip the playing staff if that's his intention, after that the monthly cash outlay for wages and PAYE can only be raised by further borrowing. 

With no further parachute payments (after this current one) promotion would be the only way for Dr T not to continue losing money, and that is not a likely scenario with the loss of key players. He must realise this, so a sale of AVFC should be imminent. 

This scenario makes perfect sense in the real world....but I fear Xia lives in some parallel universe. We can only guess what's going on in his head at the moment!

2 minutes ago, ViewFromT2 said:

This scenario makes perfect sense in the real world....but I fear Xia lives in some parallel universe. We can only guess what's going on in his head at the moment!

To be fair it does not matter which universe we may live in, we can still only guess what's going on in someone's head. ?

1 hour ago, El-Reacho said:

That's how I remember it - Mervyn King was interviewed on Sky News about some unrelated business thing and they took the opportunity to ask him about Villa at the end of the interview. IIRC he said there was very exciting things in pipeline regarding the new owners. I think at this stage he had already fallen out with Lerner.

You're right, he did. But I always wondered why he left so suddenly. There seemed to be no need for it, if he was ok with the prospective new owners. The deal was not done when he left.

4 hours ago, ViewFromT2 said:

Well there is more than a strong rumour that Fosun wanted Villa before they moved for Wolves. If that's true then it's just Villa all over isn't it!

I tried to find it recently but couldn’t, but there was a very small bit in a paper at the very start of Xia’s takeover when nobody knew much, that said that the new owner was working with Mendes. Which I presume was a mix up when digging for info and it was a different group, which we now know to be Fosun.

Edited by AlwaysAVFC
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

Just for balance:

You're right that he does only have 11% of the shares in Lotus Health, but he is still the major shareholder in the company, owning more than anyone else. It looks like there are a lot of public shares, so I would hazard a guess that the same thing has happened there; selling shares for investment into the company.

Have you managed to find anything out about Zhejiang Ruikang Investment Co? I read that this is the company that bought Lotus Health and I believe that this is one of the companies that Xia supposedly owns. Being an investment company, this could be where some of the missing wealth is actually held. It seems to be a private company with no available information, that I can find.2

No public information regarding Zhejiang Ruikang Co  I beleive that is the orignal name of RECON and that's why. You missed the main company in all this in your post and that's 'Teamax Smart City Technology Corp'' They are our parent company and he owns zilch in that company. His only listed holdings are the 11% at Lotus which is worth about £40m tops. Yes I'm sure he has a little elsewhere that isn't accounted for, but he's not a Billonaire. He was asked if he was a "dollar billionaire" in an early interview and he laughed and said "a little bit more than that" I think he was thinking Chinese currency ?

Just to say I'm not purposely trying to make this an anti Xia topic, just trying to present facts with the lack of information around.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

No public information regarding Zhejiang Ruikang Co  I beleive that is the orignal name of RECON and that's why. You missed the main company in all this in your post and that's 'Teamax Smart City Technology Corp'' They are our parent company and he owns zilch in that company. His only listed holdings are the 11% at Lotus which is worth about £40m tops. Yes I'm sure he has a little elsewhere that isn't accounted for, but he's not a Billonaire. He was asked if he was a "dollar billionaire" in an early interview and he laughed and said "a little bit more than that" I think he was thinking Chinese currency ?

Just to say I'm not purposely trying to make this an anti Xia topic, just trying to present facts with the lack of information around.

That's fair. To be clear, I wasn't trying to provide balance on the whole of Xia's worth/ companies, just adding to your point about Lotus, as it seemed like you were implying that he only owns 11% of Lotus, which in fact is 9% (IIRC) more than anyone else.

Yes I saw that about Teamax, they're mainly owned by a family group now, I believe, (Unless I'm thinking of a different company), whereas Xia just remains as a Chairman or Treasurer or something. I obviously don't have the details to hand, and am too lazy (or, should I say, busy at work) to bother bringing up all the details again. :D

That would be odd if he was talking in Chinese currency, wouldn't it? I'm sure he had to prove his worth at one point, showing the EFL a bank statement with 200 million GBP in it. Did he pull the wool over their eyes perhaps, or did he actually have some money 'somewhere' that has now been poorly invested?

I remember reading that Lotus Health are poorly performing at the moment, and that it was put down to their technology and manufacturing facilities being outdated by 20 years, causing them to fall behind in the market. The report then went on to say that millions had been borrowed to improve their facilities, in an attempt to turn the company around. Maybe now is the time to buy shares in Lotus Health, before Tony makes his next 'billion'. :P

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

That's fair. To be clear, I wasn't trying to provide balance on the whole of Xia's worth/ companies, just adding to your point about Lotus, as it seemed like you were implying that he only owns 11% of Lotus, which in fact is 9% (IIRC) more than anyone else.

Yes I saw that about Teamax, they're mainly owned by a family group now, I believe, (Unless I'm thinking of a different company), whereas Xia just remains as a Chairman or Treasurer or something. I obviously don't have the details to hand, and am too lazy (or, should I say, busy at work) to bother bringing up all the details again. :D

That would be odd if he was talking in Chinese currency, wouldn't it? I'm sure he had to prove his worth at one point, showing the EFL a bank statement with 200 million GBP in it. Did he pull the wool over their eyes perhaps, or did he actually have some money 'somewhere' that has now been poorly invested?

I remember reading that Lotus Health are poorly performing at the moment, and that it was put down to their technology and manufacturing facilities being outdated by 20 years, causing them to fall behind in the market. The report then went on to say that millions had been borrowed to improve their facilities, in an attempt to turn the company around. Maybe now is the time to buy shares in Lotus Health, before Tony makes his next 'billion'. :P

Just needs more time then huh haha!! ?

8 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

@TheEgo  - This thing that you've heard may or may not be happening tomorrow. Are we likely to hear anything in the news about it tomorrow? And if what you've heard happens, will it be good news?

LET'S BE CLEAR as a few of the posts have pi**ed me off (which I'm sure was the intention) There was no TEASE that was what I heard word for word by someone I trust and can't name. "keep your eye out Tuesday" I don't know any more and certainly won't be sharing anyway. Sp you guys can all figuratively line me up and shoot me when Tuesday passes for having the audacity to pass on what I heard to hopefully give us some hope (or not) Good old internet eh?! ???? 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

woohoo f**king delighted!! I'm in a bad mood today and that thought has made me worse.....cheers ha!! 

Serves you right for giving people hope by showing us those official site statements when Xia's takeover happened :D

20 minutes ago, TheEgo said:

LET'S BE CLEAR as a few of the posts have pi**ed me off (which I'm sure was the intention) There was no TEASE that was what I heard word for word by someone I trust and can't name. "keep your eye out Tuesday" I don't know any more and certainly won't be sharing anyway. Sp you guys can all figuratively line me up and shoot me when Tuesday passes for having the audacity to pass on what I heard to hopefully give us some hope (or not) Good old internet eh?! ???? 

I'm WEDDY! (as @Paddywhack would say..Stupid Paddywhack..)

Related image

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rob182 said:

Serves you right for giving people hope by showing us those official site statements when Xia's takeover happened :D

As a representative of China's new business force, Xia Jiantong (Tony Xia) looks more to the other side of the ocean, and expands RECON Group on a global scale, among which the acquisition of the football club and American movie firms are only two highlights.

http://en.reconig.com/index.php/Show/cid/140/aid/269

Have a read of all this BS then. I wonder why we're in trouble haha!! 

Â