Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

25 minutes ago, Xela said:

Excellent. What did they have on tap?

Beats the fizzy piss they usually serve i'm sure

Was very nice indeed mate.

greeneking_ipa.jpg

5 hours ago, avfc456 said:

Fosters on tap in the upper Doug, didn't see any ale much to my disappointment!

In the Upper holte they didn't have it in every kiosk/bar, indeed i only found one bar that was serving it. Maybe it's the same in the DE stand?

Edit. 

I forget the name but the bar was themed, it was also selling pies from a new supplier. (The pies are not what i there for so i can't think of the name of those either)

Edited by av1

1 hour ago, av1 said:

In the Upper holte they didn't have it in every kiosk/bar, indeed i only found one bar that was serving it. Maybe it's the same in the DE stand?

Edit. 

I forget the name but the bar was themed, it was also selling pies from a new supplier. (The pies are not what i there for so i can't think of the name of those either)

Phat pies ...pastry meh ...filling lovely

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

I am convinced. Him being on Twitter have way more upsides then downsides. Love his interactions with fans in the last few days.

You can't argue he is creating a positive atmosphere around the club.  The media are picking up on his tweeting as well,  as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity. He's helping make our club which has been seen as irrelevant in much of the press relevant again. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

You can't argue he is creating a positive atmosphere around the club.  The media are picking up on his tweeting as well,  as they say there is no such thing as bad publicity. He's helping make our club which has been seen as irrelevant in much of the press relevant again. 

Erm... Why? Seems to me that's exactly what you're doing.

28 minutes ago, TB said:

Erm... Why? Seems to me that's exactly what you're doing.

Erm.... No I'm not. I am saying that you can't argue that he is creating a positive atmosphere.  I don't see how you can misread what I have said? 

Just now, sidcow said:

Erm.... No I'm not. I am saying that you can't argue that he is creating a positive atmosphere.  I don't see how you can misread what I have said? 

Ok, re-read your post, but I'm still none the wiser. English (obviously) isn't my first language, so I'll happily stand corrected (even without orthopaedic shoes...). AFAIK, argue means presenting reasons for your stance/opinion. If you can't argue there's no valid reasons supporting your opinion. I'm on the same page as you with regards to Xia, but I'd write "you can't argue that he isn't creating a positive atmosphere", or "he is creating a positive atmosphere, and you can't argue otherwise."

Two hours of sleep during the last 48 hours. Probably isn't the best scenario for posting in a second language. Sorry.

• Like 1

Â