Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

Rongtian He (also known as 'Villansho' on social media), made a director of Vicvilla.

Looking at this he's had links with the club long before Xia's arrival.

'Villa are aiming to be a big noise in the Far East - thanks to our superfan journalist Rongtian He.

Our new social media executive Rongtian - nicknamed 'Ho' - runs our just-launched Sina Weibo and Youku accounts.

Sina Weibo is the Chinese equivalent of Facebook and Twitter while Youku represents the Chinese version of YouTube.'

11 minutes ago, useless said:

Rongtian He (also known as 'Villansho' on social media), made a director of Vicvilla.

Looking at this he's had links with the club long before Xia's arrival.

'Villa are aiming to be a big noise in the Far East - thanks to our superfan journalist Rongtian He.

Our new social media executive Rongtian - nicknamed 'Ho' - runs our just-launched Sina Weibo and Youku accounts.

Sina Weibo is the Chinese equivalent of Facebook and Twitter while Youku represents the Chinese version of YouTube.'

This was an interview in 2013 (with reference to Paul Lambert). I wonder how his venture has progressed since? Brilliant that we have such an ardent Villa fan as an advertising vehicle in China - more power to his elbow (pen/PC etc).

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Tony's putting money, enthusiasm, positivity and yes, a bit of fight (with knobbers like Holloway) into Villa - on the back of the most miserable period I've ever known as a villa fan. Not your idea of a good owner? Even though he just broke the division transfer record to bring us the best striker in the league? Even though he tweets passionately every day about the club and defends it against 'football experts' with a grudge against AVFC? Even though your average fan can tell him about a fault on the website and he personally tells the CEO to sort it out? You are losing your unsubstantiated negative campaign against the owner every day that passes with 'naive' Tony in charge and Villa on the up.  

It's actually suprising how involved with the fans Tony is. He's actually coming across more as a passionate fan owner than someone in it purely for business. 

For everyone's sake I really hope it pays off for him this season, if we get success and continue to achieve then we could have the best owner around. My worry is what happens when/if he gets bored

He (Rongtian He) must be doing something right because he seems to be close to those involved with takeover, was at the beachball game with Xia, Wyness and co and at the press conference in China and now seems to have something to do with this Vicvilla thing.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Duck said:

For everyone's sake I really hope it pays off for him this season, if we get success and continue to achieve then we could have the best owner around. My worry is what happens when/if he gets bored

I think that only comes if we get to the stage where he thinks he can take us no further. I think that is when Lerner lost interest. We were finishing in 6th place and had a wage bill to match. He then realised he couldn't sustain that, or hadn't run the club well enough to allow it to self sustain it, and as we went backwards he quickly lost interest.

There is plenty for Xia to strive for at the moment. Promotion, establishing us back in the Prem and competing for European football. That is all achievable if he can just run us well. I will worry about what he does beyond that once we get to that point as that could be long way down the line.

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 2

Hmmm Tony this, Tony that. Before it was Randy this, Randy that. Let's face it he bought Villa as a business investment at a good price so excuse me having a jaded eye over all this.

As long as he helps to turn Villa around and puts his words into action I will still be cautiously optimistic over our new dear leader.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone think there is somebody behind Xia? 

Part of me hopes there is...

not a knock on him, I also don't doubt that he's got a bit of money and his hearts in the right place but I think the silly stuff isn't through him, like I said in the partners thread, there's no one Chinese yet, let him get us to where we need to be and then see who piles in

28 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Hmmm Tony this, Tony that. Before it was Randy this, Randy that. Let's face it he bought Villa as a business investment at a good price so excuse me having a jaded eye over all this.

As long as he helps to turn Villa around and puts his words into action I will still be cautiously optimistic over our new dear leader.

Well I certainly would excuse you, I don't think anyone can blame fans that are circumspect or jaded, after what we've been through - and it is way too early to say he will be good for us just as it is way too early to say he will be bad.

But, (much as apart from anything else I think his twitter use will backfire, and would prefer more traditional communication (e.g. manager, press conferences, Official Site))  surely it can't hurt to view his obvious genuine (however long lasting) enthusiasm in a different light to Lerners silence, and enjoy at least a bit of it  - at least for a little while ?

Lets face it if/when it all goes t** up there will be plenty time for feeling about him how we did with Randolph.. !

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does anyone think there is somebody behind Xia? 

Yes.

Or No.

Not sure I care that much either way.  As long as he (or whoever ) spend the time effort and money so badly needed I am in the 'happy to sell soul' camp..

Can't knock the man. He's spending decent coin for a championship club and he's not finished yet he says, Even though most of our squad last year was crap, it's clear we do not need to sell if we do not want to. Clark and Gana he could do sweet f all about. He's clearly not a fan of clauses either judging by his tweets :-)

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Tony's putting money, enthusiasm, positivity and yes, a bit of fight (with knobbers like Holloway) into Villa - on the back of the most miserable period I've ever known as a villa fan. Not your idea of a good owner? Even though he just broke the division transfer record to bring us the best striker in the league? Even though he tweets passionately every day about the club and defends it against 'football experts' with a grudge against AVFC? Even though your average fan can tell him about a fault on the website and he personally tells the CEO to sort it out? You are losing your unsubstantiated negative campaign against the owner every day that passes with 'naive' Tony in charge and Villa on the up.  

I'm not running a negative campaign FFS. I am expressing my opinions.

• Like 1

Â