Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

4 minutes ago, mwj said:

For the thousandth time he said:

"30m, 40m, 50m... Whatever the manager thinks is needed"

Followed by a preseason where RDM obviously likes and rates RHM and green

2 positions we could easily spend £20-30m on, our manager likes 2 kids we've got, I personally have absolutely no problem with that

id like a striker cos I don't rate gestede and an AMC who if I'm honest could easily be grealish but I'd still like another with experience (van der Vaart if he had legs would be perfect) 

derby away is still the measuring stick for me, if we've for 7-9 points on the board following that game then we'll be ok

31 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

What happened to the 50 million Xia said we had to spend?

Whilst I think it is too early to ask this, I understand the concern.

I expressed a nagging unwelcome doubt a couple of weeks ago, and it is slowly growing, but I think it would be fair to  wait until the window shuts before, if still relevant, asking this. We could, and will, I hope, spend significantly on buying in players and, if necessary, facilitating the absence of others.

If we don't, there will justifiably be very serious questions over claims made at the time of the sale, and very possibly even more serious questions over future investment and stated aspirations.

As I say, still a while to go and it may well be fine.

Fingers crossed ( although I didn't think I'd be having to say that 6 weeks ago !)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sexbelowsound said:

I'd love to see a Big Tone vs Richard back and forth on Twitter.

Make it happen!

This is the last thing I'd like to see to be honest. I'd rather let our new owner be enthusiastic and optimistic about the club than become disenchanted due to the general negativity hanging around the club from top to bottom from the last five years or so. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

This is the last thing I'd like to see to be honest. I'd rather let our new owner be enthusiastic and optimistic about the club than become disenchanted due to the general negativity hanging around the club from top to bottom from the last five years or so. 

Our new owner is a very successful self made multi millionaire. I would hope, and expect, that he is capable of being enthusiastic, and optimistic, as well as realistic and many other things.

If the comments of a few supporters questioning him ( based on his own statements after all) are going to disenchant him, we are truly stuffed before we start. 

Additionally, as such a businessman, he will no doubt fully understand and empathise with those who want action, action, and more action !

• Like 1

Just now, terrytini said:

Our new owner is a very successful self made multi millionaire. I would hope, and expect, that he is capable of being enthusiastic, and optimistic, as well as realistic and many other things.

If the comments of a few supporters questioning him ( based on his own statements after all) are going to disenchant him, we are truly stuffed before we start. 

Additionally, as such a businessman, he will no doubt fully understand and empathise with those who want action, action, and more action !

This is a fair point and my comment was rather tongue in cheek. But seriously, the way some posters look to highlight any negatives and ignore any positives is slightly ridiculous. I'd like to see what happened if we actually saw some success this year as it feels like some people would have no idea how to react. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Phumfeinz said:

I can't believe we're not competing with Man Utd for Pogba's signature. Where's the ambition that Tony Xia talked about? It's all a lie, he's literally worse than Hitler. I hate myself.

I think you are being way too harsh. We were never likely to get the likes of Pogba whilst in the Championship !

I think if Tony brings in 4 more really good quality proven players and ensures the worst five or six from last season are gone, that would show the ambition you crave, yes, that may not cost a full £50 m but that figure was only a guide.

Definitely too early to say lies have been told. Wait until the window shuts IMO.

54 minutes ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

We also got £40M in parachute payments. Just saying. 

Which will pay about half the wage bill. 

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

This is a fair point and my comment was rather tongue in cheek. But seriously, the way some posters look to highlight any negatives and ignore any positives is slightly ridiculous. I'd like to see what happened if we actually saw some success this year as it feels like some people would have no idea how to react. 

Likewise you may have a point.

My take on it though, is that we have been through ( football) hell for five years and whilst for some, they are just glad of any positives ( fully understandable), for others they are even more wary than before.

And let's face it, there are as many reasons to have concerns as to have none.

I'm quite sure even the most concerned fan wants, and will celebrate, success just as much as the most unconcerned fan.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

It was all lies. He's a fraud, worse than Lerner and will do nothing for us. Is this what you and Richard want to hear? Will you then stop questioning everything?

I have read a comment that was a bit derogatory ( IMO) but only one.

Whilst I think patience is needed for the next few weeks what on earth is wrong with scepticism from some ? Are you really so totally certain everything is OK that you feel any questioning is inappropriate ?I

Your question could easily be turned the other way, what would have to not be right for you to be OK with them questioning.

Surely the same " it's early days" idea that gives Tony leeway is also the " early days" that means it's too soon to just assume all will be well ?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Likewise you may have a point.

My take on it though, is that we have been through ( football) hell for five years and whilst for some, they are just glad of any positives ( fully understandable), for others they are even more wary than before.

And let's face it, there are as many reasons to have concerns as to have none.

I'm quite sure even the most concerned fan wants, and will celebrate, success just as much as the most unconcerned fan.

I think I largely agree with this. My issue is when this wariness becomes outright negativity. I am yet to be fully convinced by our new owners so would consider myself wary. What I'm not doing is stating worst case scenarios as the most likely outcomes with no real basis.

• Like 2

Â