Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

19 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I suppose we did compare Randy Lerner to Kim Jong Il, but let's be fair this was after stewards had literally wrestled a Lerner Out banner from supporters in the North Stand.

You can't do and say stuff like that without being able to back up your reasoning behind the message you're trying to convey. You can't just mandomly attack people and not expect them to bite back. As it is if Randy Lerner had reacted to that I'd have been delighted, we'd have had the bastards attention. Instead we got his infamous 'romantically nourished' letter. 

RL got off mildly

Some people who are stupid/dumb/out of their depth, one can feel sorry for.

Then again there is the stupidity level where one F***s up so bad that they not only display their dumbness but they also become a total word removed that clears in the woods on a regular decisionly basis.

However naive Dr X comes across in certain things, I think he has proved that can indeed "run a business" effectively, and knows how to make a decision or two

I've never heard the name Jimmy Saville before this minute.  Had no idea he was a sex predator.  I doubt many of you would recognize a list of criminals in Texas.  Oh, and if I did know of Jimmy Saville and if I did know he was dead.  I would assume this was a different Jimmy Saville with an unfortunate name.  (because I wouldn't know his picture.)

22 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I suppose we did compare Randy Lerner to Kim Jong Il, but let's be fair this was after stewards had literally wrestled a Lerner Out banner from supporters in the North Stand.

Did you really say 'to be fair' when comparing somebody who owned the football club having banners taken down which weren't very nice about him to a dictator who kidnapped, organised terrorist attacks on it's neighbouring country, set up what in effect is forced labour camps where people were put in just because their other family members were and many, many human rights act violations?

I didn't agree with taking down the banners. I still don't. But it was his club, and he could do what he liked with it - it's one of the 'dangers' of being being owned by one person. 

As for Xia, it seems a lot of work is now going into 'trust the management' (whom I personally have some reservations about) rather than buying players. Buying lots of players isn't the key to success - it was one of the many problems we had last year. But to go into next season with a squad anything like what we have now is suicidal and I'd suggest mid-table at best - with a lower half battle most likely. Pre-season is for fitness and tactical building. We all agree that I think. It is somewhat disturbing that so far we've stuck with this drab formation that has killed us in the past four seasons and that while it's all about fitness and tactics, the fact that Gabby still comes too deep with no involvement in the game, that we still have nothing up front, that Sinclair is anonymous, that the crosses coming in from the full backs is still appalling, that Gestede misses easy chances - they don't need 'fitness' to be able to do these things - and if they can't do it against Worcester, Telford and Bristol Rovers then they never will.

Edited by Pilchard
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

Did you really say 'to be fair' when comparing somebody who owned the football club having banners taken down which weren't very nice about him to a dictator who kidnapped, organised terrorist attacks on it's neighbouring country, set up what in effect is forced labour camps where people were put in just because their other family members were and many, man human rights act violations?

I did. It was all done very tongue in cheek amidst an awful lot of seriousness. I do understand that kind of satirical humour is not to everybody's taste but there you go. 

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I did. It was all done very tongue in cheek amidst an awful lot of seriousness. I do understand that kind of satirical humour is not to everybody's taste but there you go. 

'To be fair', satire is usually funny and not comparing people to murderous bastards though. :)

I can understand why people might not be happy with what the messages being sent out. I also think it's fair to give these guys a chance to either fulfil our hopes or fail spectacularly. And that should be done primarily on whether we are any good on the football pitch and not on the basis of some Tweets. Especially not tweets where morons deliberately set up things to make him look silly such as the Saville tweet which is hardly going to build a bond between new owner and fans.

Edited by Pilchard

1 minute ago, Pilchard said:

'To be fair', satire is usually funny and not comparing people to murderous bastards though. :)

To be fair, I think you're being a total nazi about this. 

;) 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

I've never heard the name Jimmy Saville before this minute.  Had no idea he was a sex predator.  I doubt many of you would recognize a list of criminals in Texas.  Oh, and if I did know of Jimmy Saville and if I did know he was dead.  I would assume this was a different Jimmy Saville with an unfortunate name.  (because I wouldn't know his picture.)

It's my Uncle Rolf's 80th this weekend, he'd love it if you would wish him a happy birthday.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

To be fair how do you know it wasn't funny, do you know what it is I'm referencing? 

I dunno. South Park is pretty popular. As I said, not to everyone's taste.

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To be fair how do you know it wasn't funny, do you know what it is I'm referencing? 

I dunno. South Park is pretty popular. As I said, not to everyone's taste.

I know South Park well, actually. To be honest I've even forgotten the point I was trying to make. I promise it was a good one though.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim said:

To be fair I'd like to see this money and ambition Tony keeps telling us about.

Yes, im trying not to but something is niggling me that this is going to end badly.  I see alot of talking but not much action.  RDM saying a total rebuild was needed and 2 years was mentioned.  What happened all the talk from dr t that we needed to go straight back up?

Ayew will need to stay else i will know he is full of shit

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Yes, im trying not to but something is niggling me that this is going to end badly.  I see alot of talking but not much action.

This is where I am at as well. I don't know what it is but something about this guy doesn't sit right with me.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, jim said:

This is where I am at as well. I don't know what it is but something about this guy doesn't sit right with me.

same way as i feel. we've gone from a total rebuild needed, to rdm saying hes not sure whether there will be 1 or 4 players coming in.  players have to leave before we buy etc, seems all to familiar to me. I really hope im wrong but something doesnt seem right. we've added 3 players so far to a to a truly awful squad. with 2 weeks left till the start of the season,if im honest this wasnt what i was expecting.

• Like 1

On 20/07/2016 at 21:30, brommy said:

If their owner was British and really should have recognised Saville from the photo, then it would be embarrassing for them, not for me.

As Tony isn't expected to recognise infamous British sex predators, it's not embarrassing, it's just a poor taste practical joke.

I am totally embarrassed as fan.

I am embarrassed by the behaviour of a so-called "fan" (aka total prick) that would think that such a thing was funny. I am not at all embarrassed that Tony fell for it. I am embarrassed that people will think that our fans are a complete bunch of words removed that would do something like that.

• Like 1

http://www.footballinsider247.com/tony-xia-reveals-who-the-player-scout-is-at-aston-villa-supporters-will-be-pleased-with-the-news/

Dr Tony Xia is the new owner of Aston Villa

Tony Xia reveals on Twitter Aston Villa have made new senior recruit

21st July, 2016, 10:02 PM

By Amir Mir

Aston Villa owner Tony Xia has revealed on Twitter that the club have added a new senior member to their backroom team by appointing Andrew Stone.

Stone has been plucked from Southampton, where he was the chief player scout, and has been appointed Villa’s head of performance analysis and technical recruitment.

He has made the switch to Villa Park as they look to put the disaster of player recruitment last season behind them.

Stone’s appointment has more than likely signalled the end for Paddy Riley who was at the forefront of recruitment and scouting as he played a huge part in the £55 million spent by the Midlands club last summer.

Xia informed supporters of the recruitment change on his personal Twitter account on Thursday afternoon.

Edited by tismyk
  • Like 2

Â