Tony Xia (no longer involved with AVFC)

Vancvillan

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

I think he comes across as nervous because on the language issue - I know he studied in Harvard but that was a long time ago.  Hopefully will improve when he comes back to England.

I have to say even when he speaks Chinese in a few interviews, he appeared to be 'nervous', by giving breaks between words that is not necessary at all.

Maybe it is just how he speaks. 

4 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

I have to say even when he speaks Chinese in a few interviews, he appeared to be 'nervous', by giving breaks between words that is not necessary at all.

Maybe it is just how he speaks. 

Yeah, I think he is a private guy who has been thrust into the spotlight a little bit - will die down once things are underway.

He's clearly not one for public speaking in front of camera's, I mean not everyone is a natural performer that turns it on the second the camera is on, he's a regular normal dude that likely cannot wait for the media frenzy to die down a bit. At least he understands that it's because he bought one of the worlds oldest and most prestigious clubs, he won't be hounded like this a month from now he just has to weather the storm. 

Just now, Gary Thomas said:

Yeah, I think he is a private guy who has been thrust into the spotlight a little bit - will die down once things are underway.

Needs to learn a bit of swagger, a silver foil jumpsuit should do it.

• Like 1

The guy deserves credit coming out chatting to reporters and doesnt seem to have anything to hide.

I think his english isnt to great hence the stuttering etc

In my opinion I think he is filthy rich but a very private man and as he said about reports of Chinese Government investment people imagine too much.

Theres on 1 Dr Xia,Up the Villa.

30 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Is CNN's Chinese bureau staffed by work experience students? Interviewer aside, the technical quality was shocking. Barely heard a word 

• Like 1

Got to say I listed to that interview very carefully (twice) and everything he said makes good sense to me.  I really believe this guy has good intentions and the money; we will have to wait and see if he can deliver on his goals - that's the tricky bit!  Really looking forward to next season and have some hope for a change.

• Like 2

Not able to watch the CNN interview yet but as a press strategy goes, this isn't just a cozy webchat with the birmingham mail - he is letting the USA know all about his grand plan. He means business.

will decide in a couple of days who is going to be the coach.......

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Not able to watch the CNN interview yet but as a press strategy goes, this isn't just a cozy webchat with the birmingham mail - he is letting the USA know all about his grand plan. He means business.

Got to say the questioning in both of these CNN interviews was very patronizing........

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Exactly like I said last week I trust what he is saying because he is saying it globally. He's not doing an interview for some kid running a blog that only 5 people will see, he is out there doing face to face interviews with every media organisation that will have him. Why does that make me trust him? Well if you were not legit and knew your claims were absolute bullshit, would you make these claims on a global scale? No you would do interviews with the publications with the smallest reach or just flat out reject any media presence. Tony Xia is setting himself up for the biggest fall imaginable if he's proven to be a complete fraud a year from now, he'll be a well known name for all the wrong reasons so he's legit in my eyes. 

Painful viewing, not because he says anything wrong, but you can see him getting agitated at himself when he is trying to decipher English and use his own words.

Will definitely work on his English though, no doubt.

He ambles his way through, saying he's got businesses in other sectors, and will bring acumen to the team.  He has a team working on finding the right manager, and has done for several months.  He thinks he will announce who it is in a couple of days.

• Like 1

Â