England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Just now, TheAuthority said:

I've asked this before, but this role that Rooney is playing - has he ever played it to great effect at Manure? Why is he playing it for England? Why are we building a team around a guy who has never really fulfilled his potential - certainly at International level.

I don't think anyone knows. He's just floating around, leaving gaps, and not doing enough offensively to warrant it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

And play like an English side? Pah never we would rather pretend we are something else.

I do genuinely think if you had Carroll in the box and just put crosses into him all game he'd be more of a threat than Kane is in this setup. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I do genuinely think if you had Carroll in the box and just put crosses into him all game he'd be more of a threat than Kane is in this setup. 

I bet Carroll can't take a decent corner. ;) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

I've asked this before, but this role that Rooney is playing - has he ever played it to great effect at Manure? Why is he playing it for England? Why are we building a team around a guy who has never really fulfilled his potential - certainly at International level.

I was of the exact same opinion right up until the Slovakia game. He may not be the player he used to be, some would say he was never world class in his heyday, but he is still much better than Jordan Henderson and Jack Wilshere imo. 

I'd like to say I've never seen a side so incapable of breaking down an organised defence, but I've watched Villa in the last 5 years.

This has the look of a game that could go on all night and all that would happen is the shot stat would tick up.

Just now, av1 said:

I was of the exact same opinion right up until the Slovakia game. He may not be the player he used to be, some would say he was never world class in his heyday, but he is still much better than Jordan Henderson and Jack Wilshere imo. 

But if you've created a system to shoe horn him in - taking him out means you don't have to keep it so JH & JW don't have to be like for like replacements.

Maybe you could, (sounds radical,) play people in their proper positions with a system they are used to and which plays to the players strengths.

• Like 1

That Ragnar Sigurðsson looks a good player. Caught the eye a few times this tournament.

Solid defender and hopefully one we will be keeping an eye on

30 years old and pays for FC Krasnodar

Edited by Villan4Life