England Euro 2016 Chat

andykeenan

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Why shocked, because you didn't expect Roy to drop him?

He is utter dog shit.

thats the reason, Townsend deserves be ahead of him but didnt think he would get a call up

• Like 1

Defenders: Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Chris Smalling (Manchester United), John Stones (Everton), Kyle Walker (Tottenham Hotspur), Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Clyne (Liverpool).

Says it all.

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I can't recall ever seeing a weaker England team for a tournament.

defensively weak but think one of England better attacking teams (not names) in a long time

I think we have a the makings of a decent starting XI, but the squad on a whole is quite poor. I think the keeper (Hart), centre backs (Cahill and Smalling), and Rooney and Vardy are nailed on starters. The rest of the side is up for debate. I'd expect us to line up against Russia as (in brackets, my selection):

Hart

Clyne
Cahill
Smalling
Rose

Henderson (Dire)
Wilshere (Drinkwater)

Alli
Rooney (Vardy)
Stirling (Barkley)

Kane

Edited by dAVe80

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

Why shocked, because you didn't expect Roy to drop him?

He is utter dog shit.

He is one of Woy's favourites to ber fair

23 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That's the worst England back-line in decades. England are going to get absolutely mauled. 

full backs are OK and Dier a capable DM until he gets yellow cards but no quality in back 3 but can probably think of players that are better maybe Richards and Lescott :P

Allbrighton and Noble should have been in there for me.

We really are short of decent cenre backs in this country. Stones, Smalling and Cahill simply is not good enough

4 hours ago, PaulC said:

I think its a decent squad.

+1

Dier, wilshire, ali, kane are must starts for me. I guess rooney will start no matter what (which sucks) so probably just go diamond with vardy up top. 

Kane and vardy seem intelligent enough and got the legs to play diamond and split/get wide for lack of width. 

Fb's just look equal who ever you play. All are better than creswell so i dont see how its a criticism he didnt get called up? Cant take 5 fb's

+1 to taking some other shitty cb instead of a midfielder especially when you got rooney. 

Did i just read a criticism of a midfielder not being able to head the ball? what

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

defensively weak but think one of England better attacking teams (not names) in a long time

Yes cbs anyway but with Ali, Kane and Vardy we have more reason to be optimistic than usual. When have we last gone into a tournaments with the two hottest strikers in the Premier League before?

2 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes cbs anyway but with Ali, Kane and Vardy we have more reason to be optimistic than usual. When have we last gone into a tournaments with the two hottest strikers in the Premier League before?

Would have been 2010 when Bent and Rooney both scored over 20 PL goals each.

Wait, we took Heskey.

My mistake.