What won't you miss about the Premier League?

Richard

I don't think there's anything to miss based on the the last 5 years. It will be refreshing to go into a season thinking were actually entering a competition we can we win, I know its unlikely but at least there's an opportunity. I don't think we've won more than 10 games a year for some time, if we can win 15+ next season at least I'll be going home with a smile on my face more often than not, plus the highlights are on before I've fallen asleep.

The fact that us going down is not The Big Talking Point in that it was so predictable and not a shock for anyone who has half followed the Premier League for the last 5 years. That we became a laughing stock of the league, neither loved nor feared, just ignored- festering in the corner to rot. This is Aston Villa we are talking about. Still one of the biggest hitters on paper at least in English Football.

The fact that only Everton have more seasons in the top flight- and our pathetic collapse this season has been met with a meh who cares shrug from most premier league fans.  I am not saying that we are entitled to have caused a bigger reaction but the final death throes of this season have been so meek and apathetic it  has been shameful.

I am not going to kid myself- I am going to miss Villa being a top flight football team.

17 hours ago, Mantis said:

For some reason an unusually high number of Australians seem to support Livepool. At least the ones I've met anyway.

Oh god it's so bad. They're **** everywhere. They'd easily be the best supported club over here IMO. They love to use the old "How can I be bandwagonning when we haven't won the title in 25 years" as well. They're easily my most hated club.

Arsenal are also overrepresented as well, but nothing like Liverpool.

3 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Oh god it's so bad. They're **** everywhere. They'd easily be the best supported club over here IMO. They love to use the old "How can I be bandwagonning when we haven't won the title in 25 years" as well. They're easily my most hated club.

Here in Dubai its Arsenal. Everyone and their mums is an Arsenal fan.

Edited by Spoony

4 hours ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

In Perth its mostly ManUre ( Im suprised there are any ManUre supporters left in Manchester )

The competition is an absolute circus with sickening amounts of money being thrown around, outrageous short-termism and entitlement, and systematic hollowing out of the match day experience coinciding with the evisceration of the hardcore fan. 

I'd say that the Premier League represents everything wrong with modern day football, the sooner it collapses the better. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jasoncb said:

Anything to do with their stadium?

Not really tbh because weirdly it's the Eurpoeans (including non-Brits) here who support Arsenal. Arabs tend to support the likes of Real Madrid, Barca and PSG. You would think that as Manchester City are owned by the ruling family of Abu Dhabi (and, therefore, the UAE) there'd be more Manchester City fans here but I don't think I have seen Manchester City related anything anywhere at any point.

12 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Being managed by Eric black.

Uh-oh. I know what you mean, but it could be read in a different and entirely depressing way. After all, he's still around... (touch wood)

On 14/05/2016 at 10:16, PussEKatt said:

In Perth its mostly ManUre ( Im suprised there are any ManUre supporters left in Manchester )

Just listening to the people interviewed outside the theater of wet dreams I certainly didn't pick up any of the nasaly whine I would expect from a manc 

6 minutes ago, benireduk said:

Not playing Man Utd for at least a season

You just know that we'll draw them in the 3rd round of the FA cup! You know, like the good old days when we seemed to draw them all the time.

Â