What won't you miss about the Premier League?

Richard

1 hour ago, limpid said:

People who after 9 years still call it the premiership.

How about Deadly Doug style Preeemiership 

1 hour ago, limpid said:

People who after 9 years still call it the premiership.

I don't give in to 21st century branding exercises. My old man still calls it the First Division. :lol:

• Like 2

Not so much missing but looking forward to the significant improvement in my eyesight next year. I assume this will happen anyway as it only seems to be fans of PL teams who need the table printed in extra large letters. 

Just now, Hornso said:

Losing to United time after time after time.

Couldn't agree me. It's always infuriated me that we would beat similarly good teams reasonably regularly yet with 2 exceptions (i think) the best we could ever do against these words removed was a draw.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Couldn't agree me. It's always infuriated me that we would beat similarly good teams reasonably regularly yet with 2 exceptions (i think) the best we could ever do against these words removed was a draw.

Yep. I worked out that in 24 seasons we managed just 7 points at Old Trafford. I imagine our record at Villa Park wouldn't be that much better.

EDIT: 13 points at Villa Park. For a total of 20 from 48 matches :angry:

Edited by Hornso

9 hours ago, Hornso said:

Yep. I worked out that in 24 seasons we managed just 7 points at Old Trafford. I imagine our record at Villa Park wouldn't be that much better.

EDIT: 13 points at Villa Park. For a total of 20 from 48 matches :angry:

Well put it this way, I've been supporting Villa since the late 1990s and I've seen us beat them ONCE in both league and cups.

By comparison, I must've seen us beat Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal and Man City at least half a dozen times each.

I won't miss the early season optimism that leads me to pick three Villa players in my fantasy football team. Only to then realise we're shit again and have to remove them, wasting three transfers in the process.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They've voted to allow PL yoof teams compete in the JPT next season

terrible idea. hopefully our club doesnt put a team in as Category A academies allowed put in teams

On 6/11/2016 at 13:21, Zatman said:

terrible idea. hopefully our club doesnt put a team in as Category A academies allowed put in teams

Of course we will. Why wouldn't we? To take some absurd moral stand? 

If they had dissolved the competition instead, would it have even raised a reaction? 

Just saw that twitter was alive with people talking about the Premier League fixtures which have been released. Was just about to jump in to see when we're getting beat by ManU. Then I remembered - we don't have to do that this year :hooray:

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Just saw that twitter was alive with people talking about the Premier League fixtures which have been released. Was just about to jump in to see when we're getting beat by ManU. Then I remembered - we don't have to do that this year :hooray:

Don't we normally get them in the 3rd Round of the FA Cup?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, choffer said:

Won't we be out by then?

Championship teams also join FA Cup at 3rd Round; we join the League Cup at 1st Round which is the only difference Cupwise. 

• Like 1

Â