The 2016 Takeover Thread

Sam3773

47 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

LOL - Keith Wyness is on twitter and re-tweeted the following picture on Feb 2nd.  CaOBB00XEAA8qo_.jpg

I don't do Twitter so I may be misunderstanding this, but scrolling down the Twitter feed I notice that he has also followed the Birmingham Mail, AVFC and AVFC Birmingham Mail in early March.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I don't do Twitter so I may be misunderstanding this, but scrolling down the Twitter feed I notice that he has also followed the Birmingham Mail, AVFC and AVFC Birmingham Mail in early March.

I've noticed this too, he has also retweeted an article about a Chinese Consortium buying Everton around Feb. 

And he is still a Shareholder at Everton. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

apparently none of what is happening at Villa is real, it's just the story line for the new Twin Peaks series.

They'll do anything to sell DVD box sets. 

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

Why are we talking about Keith Wyness?

Well I brought it up because a guy I know  - not overly well - who has some connections with the Club mentioned he was going to be the new CEO - and I had never heard of him.

But I've since seen it was in the papers earlier so my guy could well have just got it from that anyway.

His Wiki Page from his time with the sheep shaggers makes interest reading

Despite the Scottish Premier League's television rights deal with Sky Sports ending soon after he arrived, Wyness was able to reduce the losses sustained by the club and when he left the club was close to operational break even. He introduced radical new player contracts with lower basic wages but big bonuses for points, attendance and even for merchandise sales, attracting media attention throughout Europe.

Edited by tonyh29

58 minutes ago, NeilS said:

He has also been liking topics about China and Hong Kong  - also articles criticising Randy Lerner's management of the club. He is also following Shanghai SIPG, possible link to new owner(s)?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

He has also been liking topics about China and Hong Kong  - also articles criticising Randy Lerner's management of the club. He is also following Shanghai SIPG, possible link to new owner(s)?

Shanghai SIPG pay BIG - if it is their backers then it is a game-changer

Asamoah Gyan is going to China…and to the bank.

The Ghanaian striker has signed a deal with Chinese Super League side Shanghai SIPG worth a reported $350,000 per week in wages. That would make Gyan one of the top ten highest paid players in the world, behind the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

Edited by Jareth

Shanghai International Port Group (SIPG) placed 834th in Forbes Top 2000 list with a market cap last May of $29 billion. They would be a pretty big deal if they were pulling the financial strings at Aston Villa.

My only concern is while they don't own Shanghai Dongya they did pay big money to have the clubs name changed to Shanghai International Port Group Football Club.. So while this may be great news, it may also wind up rather bad for the club identity wise. 

PS. This does tie in with the rumour that Hollis had flown out to Shanghai last week. I know it was debunked by those thinking we were in talks with a Hong Kong based firm, but if it was these guys all along then that finally adds credence to that rumour/link.

Edited by Daweii

7 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Shanghai SIPG pay BIG - if it is their backers then it is a game-changer

Asamoah Gyan is going to China…and to the bank.

The Ghanaian striker has signed a deal with Chinese Super League side Shanghai SIPG worth a reported $350,000 per week in wages. That would make Gyan one of the top ten highest paid players in the world, behind the likes of Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney.

:o Aligns to what Merv said about a bright future if true.

3 minutes ago, Daweii said:

Shanghai International Port Group (SIGP) placed 834th in Forbes Top 2000 list with a market cap last May of $29 billion. They would be a pretty big deal if they were pulling the financial strings at Aston Villa.

My only concern is while they don't own Shanghai Dongya they did pay big money to have the clubs name changed to Shanghai International Port Group Football Club.. So while this may be great news, it may also wind up rather bad for the club identity wise. 

PS. This does tie in with the rumour that Hollis had flown out to Shanghai last week. I know it was debunked by those thinking we were in talks with a Hong Kong based firm, but if it was these guys all along then that finally adds credence to that rumour/link.

In reality though they have access to almost unlimited finance via the government.  

They wouldn't change the Clubs name - but we could easily be singing, altogether now - " I-O, I-O, its up the Shanghai International Port Group Stadium we go " - has a nice ring to it I think.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

In reality though they have access to almost unlimited finance via the government.  

They wouldn't change the Clubs name - but we could easily be singing, altogether now - " I-O, I-O, its up the Shanghai International Port Group Stadium we go " - has a nice ring to it I think.

See I was not aware of that. I looked into them as a basic business and their credentials checked out. This makes it all the more interesting.

Wasn't one of the speculations in the Mirror that the consortium or firm interested were government backed? We may have to revisit those original news articles as it seems there may have been more to them.