General Charles Krulak

Sam3773

In sure he has a thread hidden away somewhere. Apologies mods if he has one, but he's back!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-randy-lerner-11055402

Randy Lerner has brought back his biggest ally, former Gulf War commander General Charles Krulak, as part of the boardroom shake-up at Aston Villa .

While former Manchester City chairman David Bernstein and ex-Villa star Brian Little were brought to the board with great fanfare, little has been said about the Vietnam veteran’s move.

But Krulak, previously a non-executive director, has been made a fully-fledged director, alongside the likes of chairman Steve Hollis and former governor of the Bank of England Mervyn King.

Krulak has been a mysterious figure at Villa Park in recent years. He has been part of the make-up since Randy Lerner’s 2006 takeover, and has worked with the Villa owner for more than 25 years, including at his credit card business MBNA.

At least he was here when things were better and the club actually tried to be part of its fanbase.
Okay he was part of the team who dismantled that (though he individually tried to interact) but he's trusted by Randy, knows his way around and perhaps might be more motivated to listen to football minds, like Little.

He gave a talk at something called the ‘2015 Stump Entrepreneurship Lecture’  I was listening to it, trying to get a bit of insight into how the man thinks and I came across these wise words……anyone else see the irony!

“If you aren’t willing to risk you aren’t going to achieve your success.  That risk can take many fashions.  A great example would be the risk of reputation, probably the worse risk you can have is your own reputation risk – that you do something to damage that.  It can be monetary risk…strategic risk.  Now that risk normally pays off for you when the enterprise you’re entering is well thought out.  That you have taken a hard look at it.  That you have understood the unintended consequences of your actions.  The pros and cons of the endeavour.  You do that, the chances are you are going to be remarkably successful."

Edited by Gary Thomas

8 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

He gave a talk at something called the ‘2015 Stump Entrepreneurship Lecture’  I was listening to it, trying to get a bit of insight into how the man thinks and I came across these wise words……anyone else see the irony!

“You can have a great idea, but if you aren’t willing to risk you aren’t going to achieve your success.  That risk can take many fashions.  A great example would be the risk of reputation, probably the worse risk you can have is your own reputation risk – that you do something to damage that.  It can be monetary risk…strategic risk.  Now that risk normally pays off for you when the enterprise you’re entering is well thought out.  That you have taken a hard look at it.  That you have understood the unintended consequences of your actions.  The pros and cons of the endeavour.  You do that, and you risk, the chances are you are going to be remarkably successful."

giphy.gif

43 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Christ. Farce. 

The man is a buffoon. Not only that but he's potentially a very nasty one. 

Completely agree.  I hated his time interacting with the fans, it was a very devious bit of propaganda.  I hope he gets severely short shrift if he tries to get back on side with the fans.

• Like 2

Â