General Charles Krulak

Sam3773

Tracked it down:

No doubt there will be some classics in there:crylaugh:

January 2011:

"General Krulak here:

1. markavfc40: Not sure what needs to be elaborated on in my comment. A Family, A Football Club, A Business, A Charity...not one of these can afford to have expenses out run revenue."

31st May 2015 Accounts:

Revenue: £115.7m

Operating Expenses: £142.7m

Just now, New_Jersey_Villa said:

Wow, I'm not familiar with that incident. Certainly not the best example of professionalism ever expressed lol.

Out of interest who won?

When he first appeared posting on internet forums he talked about integrity, sticking together and not giving up. He very often pointed to his military record as a indication of his character and that those ideals were going to be brought to the running of the club. Most people bought into it at first and for example the Acorns shirt deal seemed to mirror this attitude.

People gave him a lot of respect and some posters were even accused of being sycophantic. Then when things didn't go to plan (as Lerner and the people running the club were revealed to be hopelessly out of their depth) it turned ugly. People were less than respectful to him and eventually he started getting nasty back. Maybe someone else can clarify exactly how it all played out but from my dim memory he posted veiled threats about meeting after a game for a fight. Ultimately he suddenly disappeared (after posting how Marines never retreated etc.) and all of his threads closed and he left the club to run a small University in Alabama.

The values that he espoused to hold, always in reference to his military service, turned out to be not true in many peoples eyes and therefore he appears a very large hypocrite and in my opinion an absolute fraud.

1 hour ago, sne said:

His dad General Victor H Krulak was suspiciously similarly looking to the kid who played the banjo in Deliverance.

Make of this what you will...

Bildresultat för general krulak        hqdefault.jpg

Can't wait until he teams up with Merv.

0ea340498ca3ca54f8c3839270e9f393.604x601

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

To what end? 

I respect him for putting his body on the line for a cause, even if it is one I personally might not believe in. How far should that respect extend? What about being knowingly complicit in the attempted murder of a football club? 

Appears there is some history here that I'm just not privy too. Above points noted.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

When he first appeared posting on internet forums he talked about integrity, sticking together and not giving up. He very often pointed to his military record as a indication of his character and that those ideals were going to be brought to the running of the club. Most people bought into it at first and for example the Acorns shirt deal seemed to mirror this attitude.

People gave him a lot of respect and some posters were even accused of being sycophantic. Then when things didn't go to plan (as Lerner and the people running the club were revealed to be hopelessly out of their depth) it turned ugly. People were less than respectful to him and eventually he started getting nasty back. Maybe someone else can clarify exactly how it all played out but from my dim memory he posted veiled threats about meeting after a game for a fight. Ultimately he suddenly disappeared (after posting how Marines never retreated etc.) and all of his threads closed and he left the club to run a small University in Alabama.

The values that he espoused to hold, always in reference to his military service, turned out to be not true in many peoples eyes and therefore he appears a very large hypocrite and in my opinion an absolute fraud.

Pretty much this.

I didn't mind him in the early days, for the first couple of seasons at least. Yes he was just a cheerleader but it was something different and good to have a direct link with a member of the board.

However given we're generally a cynical lot there were a fair few questions of what happens when MON goes.....and why are we paying 50k a week to players who hardly ever get off the bench.

All under control we were told, nothing to worry about he said, we know what we are doing.

Lol narrative I think it's called nowadays by the kidz.

Can't recall the exact details but he was pretty hostile to me when I was trying to probe a little further into some of the BS the club put out around the time of MON's departure.

I will never welcome him back to the board.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Hollis and King are running the shop he's just doing the Nick Hewer role for Lord Sugar so chill people ... 

maybe but the club is at a lowpoint at the moment that its not good for the fans to take on board

9 hours ago, leemond2008 said:

I'll never forget when I was invited on a tour of the new bodymoar heath just after it was finished, the general was there greeting everyone off the coach, he shook my hand and said 'pleasure to have you on board son' I remember saying to my mate afterwards 'cheeky word removed, doesn't he realise he's on my ship'

Love it, **** Krulak

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Hollis and King are running the shop he's just doing the Nick Hewer role for Lord Sugar so chill people ... 

I hope you're right, but I also hope they don't run us into the ground.

This club has become infested with complete words removed!

(not King or Little)

Edited by maqroll

9 hours ago, briny_ear said:

Can't recall the exact details but he was pretty hostile to me when I was trying to probe a little further into some of the BS the club put out around the time of MON's departure.

I will never welcome him back to the board.

I recall he shouted me down on something I asked him too.

Not that it really bothered me then or now but I struggle to see what he brings to the party save for being Randy's man. 

Mind to if he took the training and imposed some discipline, fitness and fighting spirit on our lack lustre squad he gets my support.

......watch out Gabby.

So at this point I'm thinking that Lerner is basically doing as much stuff possible that he knows will p**s Villa fans off to get an reaction.

No January transfers, overzealous stewards at the games and now Krulak.

It's almost become like some bad TV reality show where the producers test how much s**t the participants can take before they snap.

Probably because he is a spoiled brat throwing his toys out of the pram, but I have a microscopic hope that it is because he want's to create a scenario where it get's almost impossible for him to remain as owner of the club. Making it possible for him to sell at a lower price without making him look like quite such a big loser.

Edited by sne

Looking forward to him building a few bridges between us and Small Heath again next season! :D

So we have a football legend, a banker and a marine on board now. What next a future king? 

20 minutes ago, John said:

Looking forward to him building a few bridges between us and Small Heath again next season! :D

So we have a football legend, a banker and a marine on board now. What next a future king? 

I am just waiting for Doug Ellis to be announced as the new supporters representative on the board! 

• Like 4

Â