General Charles Krulak

Sam3773

This is possibly the least unwelcome news of the lot.

He doesn't deserve another chance and he's Lerner's yes man on the board.

At least it'll unify the remaining board members. They'll have to suffer inappropriate and insulting comparisons to war and mindless, fantasistic rants about how everything is amazing because Randy is a such a good guy.

Krulak out on 74.

• Like 2

Although not expecting great things from general Charlie, given his previous time here, I actually think he might be what we need, or at least his approach may be what we need

I accept he talks a lot of crap and what he says we can achieve is likely to be unrealistic, but I think more than ever we need someone to ruffle a few feathers and place demands on people, especially amongst the under performing playing staff on nice contracts with little or no chance of being offered a move elsewhere. 

As a club ( not fans I must add) we have accepted, and in some instances rewarded, mediocrity for too long. I am hoping his bullish approach will indirectly call to account few of those within the club just drifting along whilst been paid handsomely, offering very little in return ( effort or quality)

His article ' fight like marines' may have been embarrassing ( especially when randy has equipped us with little more than a spud gun) but it's a as much fight as I've heard from anyone within the club this season and is the very minimum we should all expect.

4 hours ago, Sam3773 said:

In sure he has a thread hidden away somewhere. Apologies mods if he has one, but he's back!

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-owner-randy-lerner-11055402

I presume the "General" is here to train the Villa Park stewards in Krav Maga and other forms of hand to hand combat and techniques in "non lethal weaponry" so they can handle the rising threat posed by the insurgence of these so called Aston Villa faithfuls.

Although this has not been proved, there have been rumors of weapons of mass destruction hidden among these "fans".

Those turned out to be just banners and flags, but better safe than sorry...

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I think I missed the whole 'pressed the wrong button episode' :crylaugh:Is there a link to it anywhere?

In his old thread when he posted on here he said he thought we would finish 4th before the season then went back on it and said he meant to say 5th and that his finger had slipped on his keyboard. I think it was before the beginning of the McCleish season.

He is a prize ***** from what I've seen of him and it does no favours in getting fans back onside. However, just because he's on the board, it doesn't mean he is the board. Surely decisions will be made as a group, and having Bernstein and King at the same table gives me more confidence that Krulak won't be calling the shots. I get that Lerner wants someone he trusts (quite why God only knows), let's just hope he keeps his mouth shut and doesn't get in the way. 

Maybe they can set up on call of duty in the corner while the grown ups talk business. 

I'm pretty sure this appointment (as others have pointed out) is just so that Randy has an inside man who he knows and trusts on the board.

I'd also agree that some of Krulaks comments to the press come off as a tad silly and naive.

I draw the line at some of the personal insults though, let's not forget the guy fought in Vietnam and was in charge of the entire United States Marine Corp. While this in no way qualifies him to be making decisions for a Football club, as a former military man myself I think he deserves some respect for his service.

7 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

I'm pretty sure this appointment (as others have pointed out) is just so that Randy has an inside man who he knows and trusts on the board.

I'd also agree that some of Krulaks comments to the press come off as a tad silly and naive.

I draw the line at some of the personal insults though, let's not forget the guy fought in Vietnam and was in charge of the entire United States Marine Corp. While this in no way qualifies him to be making decisions for a Football club, as a former military man myself I think he deserves some respect for his service.

Didn't he offer out some fans online to meet him at the ground to have a fight? That warrants zero respect.

At the time he was on the board and a representative of the great football club of Aston Villa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Didn't he offer out some fans online to meet him at the ground to have a fight? That warrants zero respect.

At the time he was on the board and a representative of the great football club of Aston Villa.

Wow, I'm not familiar with that incident. Certainly not the best example of professionalism ever expressed lol.

Out of interest who won?

Sums the guy up completely!! Absolute cockwomble

From when McLeish was appointed

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3638034/Charles-Krulak-tells-Aston-Villa-fans-to-butt-out-of-their-hunt-for-a-new-manager.html

ASTON VILLA director Charles Krulak has told the club’s fans to butt out of the appointment of a new manager.

The American reacted to the flood of anti-Alex McLeish messages to the club.

Krulak said: “The uproar over McLeish is uncalled for.

“He has proved he can manage in the big leagues — just imagine what he could do if he was with an owner who supported him.”

In a message to Villa fans, he said: “You cling to the fact he’s seen his lads relegated twice. Well, the first time he was not with the club long enough to make a difference. Secondly, look at the owners he’s worked for and support of him monetarily.

“Then look at our owner Randy Lerner and what he provides to his managers.

“Ask Alex Ferguson about the man. We need to do what is right for the club.”

• Like 1

Â