Favourite Villa Pics

dont_do_it_doug.

Have no pic handy I'm afraid but does anyone recall or was there when we beat Sheffield Wednesday away 3-2, it was Big Ron's first game in charge! Think it was 1991-92 season?  Two goals down in the game but what a fight back and Steve Staunton getting the winner.  I was 16 at the time and my dad got us both tickets, we had a great day up there and even better drive home.  Sorry reminiscing now!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Have no pic handy I'm afraid but does anyone recall or was there when we beat Sheffield Wednesday away 3-2, it was Big Ron's first game in charge! Think it was 1991-92 season?  Two goals down in the game but what a fight back and Steve Staunton getting the winner.  I was 16 at the time and my dad got us both tickets, we had a great day up there and even better drive home.  Sorry reminiscing now!

No pic but I found this...

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

No pic but I found this...

Thanks DDID, have just watched that in full and still get a tingle when Staunton pops that in at the end! Have just ruined the wife's Corrie viewing though, as had to have the volume on full.  Forgot how good Regis was for us back then, his hold up play was excellent.  God at the back as well.  It was a great day for me and dad and can't wait to show him this tomorrow night now! He will love it.  Wish he could still attend games with me but due to his health it's no longer possible sadly.  Thanks again.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's reasonably well circulated anyway but there's always Frederick Rinder along with the quotes to which he was attributed to-

“Finance is important, but we should never forget that we are not talking about a mere business. This is the Aston Villa football club, and it deserves nothing short of the best."

and 

"Villa have been a great club, are still a great club and always will be a great club."

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

Uoq2f44.jpg

Tiny image size but I've got a framed A4 print of this.  Villa fans in the away end at Highbury in 1981. Weirdly I bought it from the Arsenal club shop at Finsbury Park station. 

wDVm6Q1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

I'm guessing that the brolly bloke wasn't arrested and banned from stadiums for life due to encroaching on the pitch?

he brought football back to the dark days ;)

Â