Next Manager/ Season

OneNightInRotterdam

I like Rowett a lot, but bringing him in wouldn't happen. Such a risky move going for another manager with little experience after Tactics Tim and Remi.

I like him but I don't think it would be a good move or the right time for him to come.

28 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Pearson at the Forest match. That's one bullet dodged. Just another few dozen to go.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-manager-target-Nigel-Pearson/story-29091513-detail/story.html

So, if that is nailed on, and we're talking about a manager to start for us before the season ends, who is not currently employed - could it, just could it be Moyes.....

14 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

I like Rowett a lot, but bringing him in wouldn't happen. Such a risky move going for another manager with little experience after Tactics Tim and Remi.

I like him but I don't think it would be a good move or the right time for him to come.

100% agree. It would be madness for a number of reasons.

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Nottingham-Forest-manager-target-Nigel-Pearson/story-29091513-detail/story.html

So, if that is nailed on, and we're talking about a manager to start for us before the season ends, who is not currently employed - could it, just could it be Moyes.....

You tease, you. [emoji7]

I just cannot see Moyes taking a job outside the PL. I had thought Pearson was the likely choice but now wonder whether like other clubs who have chosen to ignore him we are put off by his abrasive nature (which might be what the players actually need) or could it be that he is fed up of waiting for us to make an approach to him so he has shown his face at Forest to try to force our hand?

I begin to think we might go ex-Nose again (Hughton, Rowett or Bruce). Hughton would be decent and has a good track record but his availability would be dependant on Brighton not being promoted. Bruce has experience and I think he would like the job but can we really afford to wait for either of these managers current clubs to go out in the play-off's before we appoint a new boss? Rowett is a Villa fan and has done more than could possibly have been expected with the players he has available and the lack of transfer funds available to him. That sounds a little bit like what the next Villa manager will be expected to do.;)        

• Like 1

On 10 April 2016 at 19:35, Johnnyp said:

Thoughts on Warburton ? He can only take the rangers project so far. Poor league, little interest. Very good manager i think.

He's my choice but absolutely no chance he'd leave Rangers now. They'll be challenging for the Scottish prem either next year or yr after. Plus they can get champions league. Rangers is a huge club and he'll want to win a couple of titles before going onto bigger things.

Moyes wouldn't come to us?? Really...part of the biggest rebuilding process in modern day football....He'd definitely come here which I've adjusted to be 'happy' with given the other names being banded about. I have plenty of apprehensions, mainly the fact the stuff he done at Everton was yonks ago now...but beggers can't be choosers. 

The Birmingham manger? LOL yes that'll work. They were bloody awful against us earlier in the season. And he's got a team to finish 9th, WOW!

Rangers manager? Getting them promoted was the easiest gig in football. And he wouldn't come here anyway.

Houghton has overtaken Dyche for me for managers in jobs. His C.V is stella and the guy seems to command respect. 

Edited by supernova26

People say Moyes won't come here because he wants to stay in the Prem but realistically outside of WBA where can he go? The longer he is out of work the less relevant he becomes. He could hold out for someone to get the chop but that could be a dangerous waiting game and no guarantee he would get appointed. I think this job & Newcastle (depending on what the FSW does) are his only options and best options IMO. 

1 hour ago, Chicken Field said:

Was reading through their forum, my god are they obsessed with us.. they do not support SHA, they just hate Villa. I am hoping that it won't happen to our fans after that many years in the championship. sad sad bunch. 

Agreed, that was some scary reading! Their busiest thread is one about Villa. Some very articulate points made though like "suck your nan" and "I fink" used fairly often. 

They really are a sad, sad bunch.

• Like 1

I think IF Moyes is ready for a new big project he'll go to Newcastle, regardless if they are relegated or not (Don't think Rafa will remain there)

Not sure Moyes is ready to step into the spotlight again thou. Would be surprised if we have the ambition needed to appoint him.

Edited by sne

I originally wanted Moyes, but I get the feeling he has a few misgivings as to his own self-importance. Villa might not fit his 'illustrious' cv.

Hughton, though, would possibly jump at the chance and he seems to be one of the more realistic suggestions that are being bandied around.