Players - Attitude/culture

Woodytom

2 hours ago, villarocker said:

For me, our main problems lie with the defence and Gabby. I think we need a whole new defence and another forward to replace Gabby. Then, look at the rest of the squad to see where to improve. 

Yeah that and a new GK in my book. The defence is a shambles, and should be ditched. We never replaced Benteke adequately in the Summer. Whoever thought Gabby, Gestede and the other forwards would be enough this season also needs to leave the club asap.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That clip of them, ambling around before the third went in, is utterly disgraceful. 

I don't want to hear any bullshit interviews from them this week, telling us they are still fighting. I'm done with being lied to by this football club. 

The difference between how we play before we concede vs how we play after we concede is startling.

The players know as soon as they concede that that's it, especially against a top team.

First half vs City it looked like everyone was fighting. Then as soon as they scored it all went out the window. You're right, that clip of them, especially Gabby, just wandering around before the third goal is a disgrace.

What we see on the pitch is a result of continual negelence by the owner and the board.Dont get me wrong, I am not sticking up for the players although IMHO this team is good enough to finish 15th.

I think the people that matter ( players, coaches,manager and staff ) have been slowley tortured, or brainwashed if you like by the owner and the board.They ( as well as us ) have had years of cut costs,change managers,get rid of the high earners,no transfer money.lies and countless other things.I think everyone at the club that matters have been ground down by this defeatest attitude and by now have got used to actually believing it.

The result is what we see on the pitch.

• Like 1

They are all a bunch of words removed, I have never hated a group of players more. Sure, we have had some shit players and shit sides in our time but the sheer lack of effort and commitment is **** disgraceful.

They don't deserve to play the game, if there was any justice in the world a couple of them would get some career ending injuries. Bunch of **** scumbags.

• Like 2

Just now, pas5898 said:

The poor attitude and not giving a f*ck comes from the top. It filters its way down. 

Nonsense, you take responsibility for your own performance no matter what job you do.

Ultimately you only have to answer to yourself, these ****s are gutless, spineless, ballless arseholes.

• Like 3

So since we have arrived at the conclusion - along with the rest of the world, that we are in fact relegated already and have no hope in hell then why not drop half of these useless words removed and nurture some of our youth!

Anyone thinking we will bounce back up are in for one horrible shock.

This current crop don't give a **** at Premier league level, what makes you think they will give a **** at championship level.

You don't win nothing with kids? - Well it is not as if we have **** all to lose either

For some of them, I'd be genuinely embarrassed to call it a 'performance'. Richards galloping upfield out of position and then sauntering back when possession is lost. Is that really a captain's performance? Is that the benchmark? Would Vincent Kompany do the same?

And then there is Gabby. Such lack of effort, such lack of anything really. Going to try and close down the defender Gabs? What about using some of that famed pace to get purposefully into the box? Or why don't you bumble around the pitch with no intent, no desire, no professional pride in what you are doing? How much effort does Sergio Aguero put in even though he is a million times the player you are?

Gabby's latest incarnation reminds me of the golden years of Stephen Ireland. The anti-player. Always trying to be where the ball is not, present but not present. Trying to vanish and appear at the same time.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

So since we have arrived at the conclusion - along with the rest of the world, that we are in fact relegated already and have no hope in hell then why not drop half of these useless words removed and nurture some of our youth!

Anyone thinking we will bounce back up are in for one horrible shock.

This current crop don't give a **** at Premier league level, what makes you think they will give a **** at championship level.

You don't win nothing with kids? - Well it is not as if we have **** all to lose either

My fear is that we could lose the kids as well. Either they show a bit of ability and become pickings for premier league teams or they are also swept away by the current attitude around the place.

I saw a tweet from I think Andre Green the other day. He was delighted to make the bench. I think we lost 3-1, or 6-0, or 2-1. This tweet came after the game. Now personal achievements are one thing, but to be shouting about them at a time like this is utterly ridiculous. There isn't a single leader in that dressing room capable of pulling these young lads side and getting them on track. 

I say we just write the season off. Concentrate on protest of all forms and assess where we go from there in the summer. 

20 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You know, I started out feeling a bit skeptical about this thread, but the last ten days or so has really convinced me that this is a huge issue. 

That shot shown on MOTD last night with players quite literally standing around in the lead up to City's 3rd(?) goal has shocked me to be honest. There are some real rocket polishers stealing a living out there. 

and not wishing to be disrespectful to anyone....its so obvious its absurd.

People like Shearer showing that and commenting like he does and Carragher struggling to hide his chuckles at 8 touches in 45 minutes......that alone should wake up the most ardent of Gabby fans, but for some bizarre reason it don't.

some fans have known this for years.....Its just one example of the rot amongst the total malaise.....and more importantly it has been allowed to go on by successive staff.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

My fear is that we could lose the kids as well. Either they show a bit of ability and become pickings for premier league teams or they are also swept away by the current attitude around the place.

I saw a tweet from I think Andre Green the other day. He was delighted to make the bench. I think we lost 3-1, or 6-0, or 2-1. This tweet came after the game. Now personal achievements are one thing, but to be shouting about them at a time like this is utterly ridiculous. There isn't a single leader in that dressing room capable of pulling these young lads side and getting them on track. 

I say we just write the season off. Concentrate on protest of all forms and assess where we go from there in the summer. 

There is a lot of truth in that .....and at present we have a lot of friends around the Premiership that despite the competitive nature of things ,they do feel for us.

If the kids play and get pummelled every week.....we could be accused of hanging them out to dry.

I think we have to accept that the academy is no where near as good as some will have it made out.....you can't just play kids ,they have to force their way in through talent and desire.

We will just go through the motions now until the season ends.

Personally , I can't see anything wrong with these useless fraudsters being subjected to a torrent of abuse at VP . It's all WE can do ! Make the world realise the contempt and scorm we feel for these " players " . They have the temerity to wear OUR colurs and not give a toss IN FRONT OF US !! Abuse is the least they deserve 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Nonsense, you take responsibility for your own performance no matter what job you do.

Ultimately you only have to answer to yourself, these ****s are gutless, spineless, ballless arseholes.

It's not really nonsense. It's very much true.

I agree with your description of our "players" though.

6 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

That clip of them, ambling around before the third went in, is utterly disgraceful. 

I don't want to hear any bullshit interviews from them this week, telling us they are still fighting. I'm done with being lied to by this football club. 

Hear hear.

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

The difference between how we play before we concede vs how we play after we concede is startling.

The players know as soon as they concede that that's it, especially against a top team.

First half vs City it looked like everyone was fighting. Then as soon as they scored it all went out the window. You're right, that clip of them, especially Gabby, just wandering around before the third goal is a disgrace.

It's beyond pathetic. Ability-wise I actually think we're quite a bit better than our league position suggests (although we'd still probably be battling relegation) but as I've said before mentally they have got to be among the worst players to have ever played in this league, possibly even the worst. Weak isn't even close enough to describing it.

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Hear hear.

Almost on cue there was some stupid **** interview with Ashley Westwood in the mail. Telling us how much they're hurting, how they're together in this, showing it in training blahblahblahblahf-ingblah. 

Do one. 

• Like 3

Â