The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I am kind of amazed that the Conservatives still have that kind of lead in the opinion polls. Naturally I respect my fellow citizens views (including many of my own family) but I just cant imagine how anyone can look at this mess and think these guys are worth another go.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, peterms said:

It has now been allowed.

If you watch the video the Representative for Wellingborough actually objected, only to be put down massively by Bercow.

Edited by cyrusr
  • Haha 1

He mocks Jacob Rees-Mogg for what he said about a WTO Brexit being acceptable. (See 9.25pm.) He says no doubt the North Koreans thrive on such a regime. The only other countries trading just on WTO terms are Algeria and Serbia, he says. He says he admires Rees-Mogg’s ability to keep a straight face when he was making this argument.

Oh dear, Jakey.  You're being filleted.  Here.

Edited by peterms

5 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

I still don't know why they just didnt agree to a confirmatory referendum several months ago.

They've got too much invested in the outcome to risk the people overturning it. 

• Like 1

I didn't hear this, but it doesn't read well.

Liam Fox, the former international trade secretary, is speaking now.

He says MPs must honour the result of the referendum.

He says this motion would turn the UK into supplicants in relation to the EU.

He says MPs would create a “coalition of chaos” if they back this plan.

And he says a senior French minister told him that it was important for the UK to honour the referendum result. He told Fox that France’s current political problems, which saw the collapse of the traditional parties, started when the French government failed to honour the spirit of the French vote against the European constitution.

Â