The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

Just now, Chindie said:

That ideal world doesn't exist. Trade deals take forever. The only reason we thought we could get some done quickly is because we somehow thought everyone would be stupid enough to roll over the terms they have with the EU as a whole to us as s single entity.

Shockingly they've mostly told us to get stuffed.

Still, we've got a deal lined up with the Faroe Islands. The bird watchers will be happy.

Yes, I agree. Just saying I think it was how leavers thought it would happen. Do deals with other major nations, then give EU a take it or leave it deal if they want a slice of the action too, easy money.

3 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Top US guitar makers C. F. Martin & Co have produced a Brexit guitar. I thought at first it was a spoof, but no, absolutely genuine. A mere $2,799 to you, sir. 

Screenshot_20190710-183352.jpg

Bold move to put Jimmy Savile on the front

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blandy said:

This is unfair, genuinely so. It's not intelligence/lack of it that's the issue for many people...

If the person on the street hasn't worked out Fascist Farage and the trust funded Brexit chums haven't got everyone's interest at heart?

It's a con so large it's pulling the moon out of orbit.

Between hunt and boris it's like asking to be set on fire or drown.

I would say is have to go with hunt. At least he seems to have some kind of plan.  Boris just looks like a bumbling back on and not answering any questions at all.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Between hunt and boris it's like asking to be set on fire or drown.

I would say is have to go with hunt. At least he seems to have some kind of plan.  Boris just looks like a bumbling back on and not answering any questions at all.

So it was Isabel Oakeshott who was behind the leak of the Darroch cables

Just so we're clear thats Isabel Oakeshott, rumoured (as in its pretty common knowledge except they haven't admitted it) current partner of Richard Tice MEP, the Chairman of the NF Party Ltd. The same Richard Tice who thiinks that the new US Ambassador...

“Should be pro-Brexit businessperson who can accelerate free trade talks Darroch had been lamentable at.”

Who on earth could he mean? He claims he isn't interested

Ms Oakeshott also claims that “Richard had nothing to do with the cables. He has never seen them, never handled them and was not involved in acquiring them.

“Tempting though it is to put two and two together to make 55, there is no link between him and the ambassador story.” 

Ms Oakeshott is also stating that she needs to protect her source

Quotes from The Mirror

Looks like my Missus initial reaction was bang on the money

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just so we're clear thats Isabel Oakeshott, rumoured (as in its pretty common knowledge except they haven't admitted it) current partner of Richard Tice MEP, the Chairman of the NF Party Ltd. The same Richard Tice who thiinks that the new US Ambassador...

“Should be pro-Brexit businessperson who can accelerate free trade talks Darroch had been lamentable at.”

Who on earth could he mean? He claims he isn't interested

Ms Oakeshott also claims that “Richard had nothing to do with the cables. He has never seen them, never handled them and was not involved in acquiring them.

“Tempting though it is to put two and two together to make 55, there is no link

How would a Brexit MEP get hold of very limited distribution diplomatic telegrams from the ambassador to the UK cabinet? I struggle to imagine him as the leaker. Courier/intermediary at most.

3 hours ago, blandy said:

How would a Brexit MEP get hold of very limited distribution diplomatic telegrams from the ambassador to the UK cabinet? I struggle to imagine him as the leaker. Courier/intermediary at most.

I don’t think for one minute he’s the leaker, that makes no sense. It does give a clue to the motivation behind it though

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

It does give a clue to the motivation behind it though

Oh yeah, definitely. As soon as you saw who it went to, it was a massive clue.

On 14/07/2019 at 10:55, bickster said:

There are rumblings from America that Darroch  was leaking confidential info to a US journalist  , seems it would have been bad form to investigate him ( Five Eyes protocols prohibit intelligence monitoring of allies. )  so the leaks seem to have been a handy way for the Americans to make this go away 

but we are getting into conspiracy theory territory here

13 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

There are rumblings from America that Darroch  was leaking confidential info to a US journalist  , seems it would have been bad form to investigate him ( Five Eyes protocols prohibit intelligence monitoring of allies. )  so the leaks seem to have been a handy way for the Americans to make this go away 

but we are getting into conspiracy theory territory here

Oakeshott, to whom the telegrams were leaked,  so who obviously knows who leaked them to her and why tweeted about the motivation behind the leaking - agreeing with Farage that it was because the leaker (and her) percieved Darroch to be anti-Brexit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ml1dch said:

I do wonder whether "narrowly won votes might be seen to have legitimacy issues" is an argument that Farridge really wants to be making.

The first reply to that is telling him that it was 52.3% of the vote.

Which is more than the 51.9% who voted Leave...

Exclusive: 10 Labour MPs 'Ready To Back No-Deal Rather Than No Brexit At All'

As many as ten Labour MPs are ready to back no-deal over no Brexit at all, Jeremy Corbyn’s ex-frontbencher Emma Lewell-Buck has said. 

The South Shields MP told HuffPost UK she would defy the party whip and back crashing out over revoking Article 50 if there was no other choice.

“I would obviously prefer to leave with a deal, but if it comes down to no Brexit or no-deal then I would go with no-deal because the consequences mean that Labour will not be in government in the future and we will lose seats. For me that is a far worse scenario than any Brexit outcome would be.”

“At a guess, and I don’t speak for everyone, I would say eight to ten Labour MPs feel exactly the same way as I do.” 

...rest of article on link

Edited by snowychap

Â