The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

17 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

May be an image of text

Makes my blood boil.

These rags fuelled the fire “everything will be better plus we’ll be out of the evil clutches of the EU. Vote leave, vote leave, vote leave, there’s no downside, they need us more than we need them, we’ll get special rules and special status”.

Now it won, and 99% of people are in a worse position and they are still blaming the EU.

Absolute rocket polishers.

• Like 4

The most frustrating is that people have invested too much in to waving the brexit flag to admit they were conned. People should be furious, but they'd rather double down because admitting you believed lies is too embarrassing.

• Like 4

There must be a huge list of things that people were told were remoaner lies that have subsequently come true

And equally there must be a long list of things that people were promised that haven't and won't ever happen

The list on the other side of things that Leavers said would happen and actually have happened is very very small

• Like 2

He voted Brexit, but he obviously didn’t want it to impact his industry, just others.

Five years on and everything is still someone else’s fault for not implementing their half arsed psychic wish list of world supremacy.

6 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

You can’t even accuse him of being thick, in the traditional sense.

Just that heady combination of being ignorant on a subject, whilst pumped up with self importance.

Willfully ignorant. There were plenty of people in the industry saying exactly what would happen. (and by plenty I mean pretty much everyone) They were also saying it very loudly. File under Roger Daltry

“The idea is that after you’ve done it you be sensible”

What an imbecile. After “we” did our best to kick the EU in the nuts we’d like them be “sensible” and allow “us” to keep enjoying their benefits. I might have a tiny, tiny, scrap of sympathy if he said he made a mistake and should have given more consideration to his vote. But he still thinks it’s “their” fault. 

TBF I read something that said the EU offered to keep existing arrangements in place for musicians, but the government rejected it, blah blah sovereignty

• Like 2

Yes we’ve been slagging you off for years and have done everything within our power to be disruptive at all of our collective loss… but can you please now start being sensible and let us have what we want? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

TBF I read something that said the EU offered to keep existing arrangements in place for musicians, but the government rejected it, blah blah sovereignty

Yes, that was definitely the case. Musicians are generally pinkos, sod 'em

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Yes we’ve been slagging you off for years and have done everything within our power to be disruptive at all of our collective loss… but can you please now start being sensible and let us have what we want? 

As Blandy suggests, this is very much a mess of our own making, not due to Brexit in and of itself, but of our government taking the hardest line it could on a lot of subjects. Allowing fairly free access to performers was on the table right up until the final moments of the deal being agreed in December. Same for the Erasmus scheme. The government just decided not to.

I have no idea why Bruce voted for Brexit and what benefits he thought he'd be getting, but I don't think it's fair to laugh "of course you can't keep touring in europe easily" because being able to do so was very much viable even with Brexit if our government so chose. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

As Blandy suggests, this is very much a mess of our own making, not due to Brexit in and of itself, but of our government taking the hardest line it could on a lot of subjects. Allowing fairly free access to performers was on the table right up until the final moments of the deal being agreed in December. Same for the Erasmus scheme. The government just decided not to.

I have no idea why Bruce voted for Brexit and what benefits he thought he'd be getting, but I don't think it's fair to laugh "of course you can't keep touring in europe easily" because being able to do so was very much viable even with Brexit if our government so chose. 

It was always a major likelihood that red tape for travelling and working in the EU would be a reality post Brexit.

Yes our government could have agreed something to make things easier in a post Brexit world, but if he and the others hadn’t voted for it in the first place then it wouldn’t have mattered. 

He and others dismissed the warnings and now blame everyone else for the negate impact on the lives. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

After decades of daily misinformation. A sizable portion of the UK had become convinced the EU was some meddling scheme that served no purpose.

They didn’t know Brussels arranged common health standards on food production so there was no need for checks on sausages crossing the Irish Sea. They didn’t know Brussels negotiated the complex compromise on higher-level education harmonisation, so your Latvian-trained nurse was qualified to work anywhere in the EU, and you could trust going to a dentist in Budapest. And so on. They didn’t know this, or at least didn’t understand that’s what the EU was about.

Without this knowledge, but believing the year was still 1912 and trade deals were one page documents negotiated in an afternoon, of course they should have voted for Brexit. The gobshites.

• Like 3

Â