The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

11 hours ago, Genie said:

Why isn’t he the leader of the Labour Party? I don’t think Starmer would have stuck it to Boris quite like that.

The answer to the question is the reason you don't know that Starmer does stick it to the PM at PMQs most weeks

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

The answer to the question is the reason you don't know that Starmer does stick it to the PM at PMQs most weeks

Not like that though.
It’s easy pickings to find mud to sling at Johnson, but Starmer tends to do it in a more respectful way which washes over people. A level of respect Johnson doesn’t deserve.

Miliband went for the throat for maximum embarrassment.

Edited by Genie

11 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

There was once a photograph of him looking a bit funny whilst holding a bacon sandwich.

Imagine how bad the pandemic would have been if HE was in charge?!

My brother's line was, 'Can you imagine him with Putin?

Edited by Rolta

3 hours ago, Rolta said:

My brother's line was, 'Can you imagine him with Putin?

1 hour ago, NurembergVillan said:

Bonkers isn't it?

Like that floppy-haired cum biscuit is some sort of master negotiator.

That, but also more importantly phone calls and meetings between world leaders are mostly ceremonial and for the cameras, and the hard work is done by people in the background. We're not re-enacting the Yalta conference every time they meet. It's a daft way to assess leaders, and presumably mostly reflects the logic 'having a lisp = effeminate + women are effeminate', 'men are better negotiators than women because testosterone', therefore 'having a lisp makes someone a bad negotiator'.

• Like 2

Cummings currently having a Twitter meltdown and yelling at people about how Brexit being shit is everyone's fault but his.

He seems to think it would all have been great, but David Gauke ruined everything. 

9 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Cummings currently having a Twitter meltdown and yelling at people about how Brexit being shit is everyone's fault but his.

He seems to think it would all have been great, but David Gauke ruined everything. 

GIF by O&O, Inc

40 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

TBH I think he's just lying in that tweet.

He can't compute that he doesn't have a solution for it because there is no solution for it.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, darrenm said:

He can't compute that he doesn't have a solution for it because there is no solution for it.

Maybe, though my personal suspicion - I don't think he's stupid - is that it's less 'can't compute that' and more 'knows he won't ever need to present or put forward a realistic solution to this problem so is choosing to posture and pretend instead'.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Cummings is so confusing.

At least we all know when Boris is lying (when his lips are moving)

Cummings seems far more calculated

It's the same with Cummings to be honest, the only difference is Cummings knows why he's lying and what the purpose of the lie is. I'm not sure Boris knows or cares

I think Johnson lies to be liked enough to get what he wants out of the next 5 minutes. I think its as basic as that, a life of crisis management by a selfish person that finds it easier on himself to be liked than not liked. I’m not sure there is any long term strategy.

If he’s on track for what he wants at the end of any one day, it was a good day and we’ll face tomorrow, tomorrow.

Cummings thinks he’s clever and wants to prove it. But isn’t as clever as he thinks he is because his world view doesn’t take in to account people pointing out where he has gone wrong. Hence the constant need for reinvention and literally re writing of the past. Which he thinks comes over as revealing layers of the strategy onion from an insider. But actually comes across as more bollocks poured over the original bollocks.

The smiling bully and the sneering bully’s assistant are equally odious, just in very different ways.

Tories 43 (+2)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bickster said:

It's the same with Cummings to be honest, the only difference is Cummings knows why he's lying and what the purpose of the lie is. I'm not sure Boris knows or cares

It's more the stuff he says about Boris. I can believe most of it because of how Boris is. but then I think "Yeah but Cummings knows exactly what people think of Boris so might just be playing to that"

Just now, Stevo985 said:

It's more the stuff he says about Boris. I can believe most of it because of how Boris is. but then I think "Yeah but Cummings knows exactly what people think of Boris so might just be playing to that"

Exactly, most of it is entirely believable and some of it is provable. I think most of it is true because there has hardly been any defence of it and those that have defended Johnson are in the category "Who the eff are you?" because leading Tories worry about what Cummings knows about them they haven't stuck their heads over the top because a) they know they'll be lying and b) they don't know what dirt he has on them

• Like 2

Â