The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

“we are aware of” like it’s landed in his lap as a problem, not as a direct result of the decisions this government has made.

HGV drivers doing longer hours, what could go wrong?

18 minutes ago, Genie said:

“we are aware of” like it’s landed in his lap as a problem, not as a direct result of the decisions this government has made.

HGV drivers doing longer hours, what could go wrong?

Making the roads less safe and having a bonfire of the drivers working conditions...top stuff

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

They'll point to the fact they already did this during the early part of the pandemic with no adverse effects (No idea if there was an increase in accidents)

But in 2019 you could take your HGV test, not like 2020.  30k vocational tests lost in 2020, with the current shortage of drivers being between 60k to 76k.

24 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

But in 2019 you could take your HGV test, not like 2020.  30k vocational tests lost in 2020, with the current shortage of drivers being between 60k to 76k.

Ah they'll fill that gap with bringing drivers out of retirement for ludicrous wages (already happening)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I like this experiment.

Let’s have smart motorways, and by smart, I mean no hard shoulder. Then we’ll get the lorry drivers to work longer hours…

Aren't they unsmarting the motorways at somepoint, well the hard shoulder bit. Didn't the Highways Agency lose a courtcase over it?

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

Aren't they unsmarting the motorways at somepoint, well the hard shoulder bit. Didn't the Highways Agency lose a courtcase over it?

No, I don’t think they are winding any back, I think the government have agreed they need the number of refuge spots the designers originally recommended, so future roads will not be ‘value engineered’.

• Like 1

Â