The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

There are no downsides, we'll be better off....

Surely that bit of any agreement we rushed and didn’t understand will simply be up for some reasonable post signature re negotiation.

The EU really are being most unreasonable over all of this.

We’ve entered in to the spirit of what we don’t know we want, whilst they are simply being awkward at every opportunity.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Surely that bit of any agreement we rushed and didn’t understand will simply be up for some reasonable post signature re negotiation.

The EU really are being most unreasonable over all of this.

We’ve entered in to the spirit of what we don’t know we want, whilst they are simply being awkward at every opportunity.

They're so desperate to keep us sweet they'll just waive it.  Remember they need us more than we need them. 

On 28/06/2021 at 18:00, Enda said:

They didn’t know Brussels arranged common health standards on food production so there was no need for checks on sausages crossing the Irish Sea. They didn’t know Brussels negotiated the complex compromise on higher-level education harmonisation, so your Latvian-trained nurse was qualified to work anywhere in the EU, and you could trust going to a dentist in Budapest.

image.png.fa9eece7e718f72ca452dd10268239f1.png

You accuse I confess... I'm sorry for the publication choice but it is the best place to view Brexit whoppers crying like little German girls

UK fishermen demand 'answers' after being 'used' in Brexit ploy – Boris under pressure

UK fishermen are demanding "answers" from Boris Johnson and his UK Government over the endless Brexit red tape they claim they are having to fight through to make ends meet, with one rival MP fuming the industry has felt "used" by ministers....

But UK fishermen have complained of having to desperately fight their way through endless bureaucratic red tape that has smothered them in the six months since the trade deal was agreed.

If only they'd listened in the first place

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

They did - just to the wrong people :)

Seriously though, the way the human mind works - say you've got a grievance, real or perceived against someone/thing and there are two people talking to you - 1 promises to fix your grievance, and the second tells you that "what he says won't fix your problem, it might even make it worse" - well many folk will be like "**** it, I'm already up shit creek, what have I really got to lose".

So I kind of sympathise with all the people who were taken in by the lies and aim my ire at the **** liars who cheated them.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, bickster said:

You accuse I confess... I'm sorry for the publication choice but it is the best place to view Brexit whoppers crying like little German girls

Quote with no link? 2 penalty points offence :D 

• Haha 1

They obviously didn’t get the memo that the UK voted for Brexit to stop the illegals doing this

More than 430 migrants sailed across the English Channel to the UK on Monday.

The number set a new single-day record, passing the previous daily high of 416 set in September last year, according to data compiled by the PA news agency.

Monday's figure included a group of around 50 men, women, and children who were seen walking ashore after landing near Dungeness in Kent.

Sky News

On 20/07/2021 at 07:43, Genie said:

They obviously didn’t get the memo that the UK voted for Brexit to stop the illegals doing this

Sky News

Word's got out that Farage is busy with his new TV show instead of patrolling the Kent coastline in corduroy trousers and a wax jacket.  The word removed.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

? Is this the right thread for this? The story only mentions covid, and doesn't mention Brexit. 

Boris is a lucky bastard Covid came along to blur the catastrophic impact of Brexit. 

• Like 1

Â