The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s no excuse for house builders, they’ve been recording enormous profits for years. This latest spike in house prices is more money on top.

They also pay less

The average wage in housing construction is lower than it is in commercial construction and way lower than oil and gas

House building is considered less skill hence they call it house chucking or something similar 

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's like a parody. All his reasons for voting out are just the usual, demonstrably untrue, nonsense that he's read in the Daily Mail or heard from Farage

I hope he's gone out of business and is living on the street. The **** dickhead

He’s lobbed a grenade at his own business because of some completely intangible things he’s been told are bad but his first hand experience is the opposite.

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

He says he was fed up of being told what to do by non elected bureaucrats in Luxembourg. I bet he could chop all his fingers off and still count on one hand how many times he has been told what to do by these non elected bureaucrats he is so fed up of he has destroyed his own business/life over. I don't know whether to loathe or pity him. 

I can't believe the classic follow up question to that wasn't asked. 

"What rule are you no longer having to follow now Brexit has been completed"

I've not seen anyone in a similar interview answer that question successfully yet.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

I can't believe the classic follow up question to that wasn't asked. 

"What rule are you no longer having to follow now Brexit has been completed"

I've not seen anyone in a similar interview answer that question successfully yet.

The fact the video is over two years old is probably the main reason he'd have struggled to answer.

13 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

The fact the video is over two years old is probably the main reason he'd have struggled to answer.

Ok missed that, but the question still works you just ask him to name a single rule he is frustrated by that he is looking forward to not having to follow. The entire Brexit campaign barely managed to answer that question outside of stopping foreigners from coming in and taking jobs. Mr fruit grower already has a pretty good rebuttal to that point.

• Like 3

The blurb from the listing

About the job

Summary

The end of the Transition Period and the signing of the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement present a unique opportunity to reshape the nation’s policy agenda, building on the reforms that HM Government has already delivered. As the United Kingdom looks to its future as an independent nation, it is vital that its Civil Service challenges established thinking and practices to find better ways of running the nation and its economic systems. This work will require change to the laws, regulations and institutional cultures that the United Kingdom acquired during its 47 years of EU membership. Essential to achieving this, the Brexit Opportunities Unit sits at the heart of government, in the Cabinet Office.

Job description

The Director, Brexit Opportunities Unit is a high-profile role. It needs someone who can change existing thinking, working across all government departments, developing partnerships with senior stakeholders, including the Prime Minister, to ensure ministerial priorities are met. The successful candidate will bring: 
- A record of original research of the highest calibre or of influential thought leadership 
- Experience of producing creative economic, regulatory or policy initiatives 
- The credibility to command confidence and trust at the most senior levels

Responsibilities

This is an exciting time to lead this unit, building strong working relationships with industry, academia and wider society to bring new thinking to government. Further information, including full details of the opportunity, role profile and details on how to apply, can be found at: www.odgers.com/83192

Things you need to know

Security

Successful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.

Successful candidates must meet the security requirements before they can be appointed. The level of security needed is security check.

See our vetting charter.

People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standardchecks.

Selection process details

Advert Close: Sunday 18th July 2021 
Longlist: w/c 26th July 2021 
Shortlist: w/c 30th August 2021 
Assessments: 1st-14th September 2021 
Interviews: w/c 13th or 20th September 2021

Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.

Nationality requirements

This job is broadly open to the following groups:

UK nationals

nationals of Commonwealth countries who have the right to work in the UK

nationals of the Republic of Ireland

nationals from the EU, EEA or Switzerland with (or eligible for) status under the European Union Settlement Scheme (EUSS)

relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals working in the Civil Service

relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals who have built up the right to work in the Civil Service

certain family members of the relevant EU, EEA, Swiss or Turkish nationals

Apply now, get an interview late September. 

Edited by Genie

On 15/06/2021 at 13:22, Genie said:

and here is your classic Brexit voter

“Its a complete disaster but I didn’t think it would win”

"Oh no, my less than minimum wage slave labour from the poorest parts of the EU has dried up"

• Like 2

On 15/06/2021 at 11:56, Genie said:

There’s no excuse for house builders, they’ve been recording enormous profits for years. This latest spike in house prices is more money on top.

Quality of houses/flats going up is shocking as well. Cutting huge corners during the build. 

I don't know if I'm more disgusted with the message, or the cowardice of sending it not just through the letterbox, but via the mail system instead of having the balls to directly deliver their own abuse.

Â