The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

13 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Boys get yourself over to Poland. Tiny cost of living and salaries are high in the right field. 

I've more than tripled my salary in 4 years. 

Damn British people. Going over there, taking jobs from hardworking Polish people...

33 minutes ago, bickster said:

Have you seen the state of the official opposition?

Yes - it looks a ****ton better than the current occupiers. You’d rather vote Conservative?

Edited by limpid
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Yes - it looks a **** ton better than the current occupiers. You’d rather vote Conservative?

First thought-> can’t vote Tory/Boris

Second thought -> bollox, they are all useless.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

I've got friends who voted leave, and they definitely not racist. So I know there is a large part of the vote who felt they had legitimate reasons. Keep your chin up - and hopefully the chance will come to vote again - with facts made available so we can make an informed choice :)

I like to think that's the case and the reason why Leave won; the small group of racist bigots swelled by the, for want of a better term, the naïve who wanted the promised nirvana of a post EU United Kingdom.

What I like to think is now the truth is more readily available and the lies have been revealed and the warnings have proven to be correct that, given the opportunity, the UK would vote very differently in a second referendum. The racist elements in our society being proven to be tiny.

Should we STILL vote to leave through a second referendum (or basically a one issue General Election) then I'd really lose all hope for this country. You'd have to be a racist, unbelievably stupid (in my view) or just pig-headed to still want to Leave knowing all we do now. I can forgive being conned once, but not to learn from that...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Where would you go?

I'd move back to Germany in a heartbeat.  It's the pride of Europe as far as I'm concerned.  The standard of living and the standard of community.  They show us up for the selfish embarrassment we are.

28 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I’m pretty sure I had a kebab from that place after a big night in Krakow 🤔

Can't have been that big of a night if you can remember where you bought the kebabs from!  ;)

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

A loud minority. 

May well be but it’s took this country a long time to stamp this kind of behaviour out.  For me personally as a the child of an immigrant I’ve never felt as safe and accepted in this country as i ever have in my life. 

With all this Brexit nonsense it’s easy to forget how far we’ve come as a multicultural nation..

18 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Should we STILL vote to leave through a second referendum (or basically a one issue General Election) then I'd really lose all hope for this country. You'd have to be a racist, unbelievably stupid (in my view) or just pig-headed to still want to Leave knowing all we do now. I can forgive being conned once, but not to learn from that...

Trouble is, a lot of people don't think they have been conned - they think they've been betrayed.

All that stuff they were promised is still there, and would be happening if only this, that or the other. 

We're in the early skirmishes of what is going to become a pretty ugly culture war. Chaos with Ed Miliband is looking really attractive.

10 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Trouble is, a lot of people don't think they have been conned - they think they've been betrayed.

All that stuff they were promised is still there, and would be happening if only this, that or the other. 

We're in the early skirmishes of what is going to become a pretty ugly culture war. Chaos with Ed Miliband is looking really attractive.

And that leads me to the simplified 'stupid' belief. Having any version of Leave that is desirable is absolutely impossible if it's looked at for more than two seconds; want to leave without impacting Ireland? Impossible. Want to leave with full trade and no freedom of movement? Impossible. Who really thinks any organisation would harm itself to help a departing member? There is no version of Leave that realistically could achieve the utopia that was promised (and conveniently forgotten) if people bothered to think.

If a MAJORITY of people are still too racist, stupid or lazy to believe the Leave they want is possible then I stick by my statement that I'd have lost all hope. The last few years have got to have spelt it out by now surely?! It may not be perfect, nothing ever will be, but it's clearly a lot better than not being in the EU.

Edited by jackbauer24

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

FTFY

jt0t6coisbr31.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&a

I have to disagree with you mate. When I was a kid a lot worse than ‘speak English’ would have been written on a fence.  Just walking through the town or even playing at a local park didn’t feel safe at times. (And sometimes wasn’t).

Plus the second part of the fence photos would never have happened either. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I have to disagree with you mate. When I was a kid a lot worse than ‘speak English’ would have been written on a fence.  Just walking through the town or even playing at a local park didn’t feel safe at times.

Plus the second part of the fence photos would never have happened either. 

You assume I haven't been there, I have but you've missed the point. Five years ago, no one would have graffittied SPEAK ENGLISH on a fence. Today they feel they can do it with impunity

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

You assume I haven't been there, I have but you've missed the point. Five years ago, no one would have graffittied SPEAK ENGLISH on a fence. Today they feel they can do it with impunity

I personally think 5 years ago the same idiots would have written the same thing. It just wouldn’t have got as much attention.  If anything racists are more shunned in society than ever.. People are more united against racist behaviour than ever before.

• Like 1

Â