The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

29 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

They said the lab -Lib gap was widening on Sunday , wish people would make their minds up :)

be interesting to see how 13% Brexit party supports equates in terms of actual seats in a GE  , there is still every chance they could end up with zero seats on 13% of the vote  presumably   ?

1 in 2015 and that was Carswell when he was already the MP (and subsequently left): 

Party Leader MPs Votes
  Of total     Of total  
Conservative Party   David Cameron 330 50.8%
330 / 650

11,299,609 36.8%

Labour Party   Ed Miliband 232 35.7%
232 / 650

9,347,273 30.4%

Scottish National Party   Nicola Sturgeon 56 8.6%
56 / 650

1,454,436 4.7%

Liberal Democrats   Nick Clegg 8 1.2%
8 / 650

2,415,916 7.9%

Democratic Unionist Party   Peter Robinson 8 1.2%
8 / 650

184,260 0.6%

Sinn Féin   Gerry Adams 4 0.6%
4 / 650

176,232 0.6%

Plaid Cymru   Leanne Wood 3 0.5%
3 / 650

181,704 0.6%

Social Democratic & Labour Party   Alasdair McDonnell 3 0.5%
3 / 650

99,809 0.3%

Ulster Unionist Party   Mike Nesbitt 2 0.3%
2 / 650

114,935 0.4%

UK Independence Party   Nigel Farage 1 0.2%
1 / 650

3,881,099 12.6%

Green Party   Natalie Bennett 1 0.2%
1 / 650

1,111,603 3.8%

Speaker   John Bercow 1 0.2%
1 / 650

34,617 0.1%[195]

Independent Unionist   Sylvia Hermon 1 0.2%
1 / 650

17,689 0.06%[196]

In 2017 no party really got 13%; though Lib Dems got 7.4% (so less share) but gained seats. UKIP lost their seat. 

Ultimately it depends on where those votes are concentrated. The Brexit Party vote, whilst has some concentrations in the north, is likely to be spread around England and therefore probably not enough to get seats.

What I suspect will happen with the Brexit Party votes, is that it will take a swipe at Tory/Labour margins and likely make marginal seats swing. At best, they will get 1, possible 2 I reckon, but even then that will been seen as a success by them. 

To be fair though, over the next few weeks, that % could increase/decrease depending on what Johnson et al will do. 

43 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

If it's like their election leaflet drops , the worst thing is they print your name and address on the things as well making it look like you are a member  , i looked into a GDPR complaint last time but seems electioneering is exempt

It's literally a newspaper filled with propaganda

(I can't find a good site to use to upload images)

https://imgshare.io/image/Pkppd
https://imgshare.io/image/Pkrdf

15 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I cannot believe that political organisations are using Nazi imagery against the Germans and that people are actually applauding it. Utterly disgusting.

It's gross, isn't it?. Absolute throbbers.

23 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I think I need to leave this country... I cannot believe that political organisations are using Nazi imagery against the Germans and that people are actually applauding it. Utterly disgusting.

Those applauding it probably sing songs about WW2 at football grounds, whilst saying their "grandfather didn't die for this", because their grandad fought against fascism, whilst those who accept it nowadays see it as a badge of honour.

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish I didn’t vote.  So many lies. I still think one day the EU will have massive reform and maybe even breakup. Just not anytime soon.

You know, we all vote for the wrong people sometimes. Cutting through the shit was hard. I hope you're not hard on yourself, and know that you did what you thought best.

My only issue with levers are the football hooligan types, the aggressive lot. Please don't be offended when I post anti-leave content. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

You know, we all vote for the wrong people sometimes. Cutting through the shit was hard. I hope you're not hard on yourself, and know that you did what you thought best.

My only issue with levers are the football hooligan types, the aggressive lot. Please don't be offended when I post anti-leave content. 

Thanks mate and not at all will I be offended. 

It used to annoy me when every person that voted leave was portrays as a racist because I know how far from the truth that is.  

However it is fair to say every racist would have voted leave. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I have no idea. It's an empty threat anyway, I'd never actually do it. Although ironically one country I've always loved going to is Germany.

Moved here in April 

Its not a utopia but its good, cost of living is an eye opener, I earn more but take home less too, cheers ange 

Its strange at times at work what they consider a decent shift, it's maybe about 60-70% of a normal day in England, I'm convinced the majority of my office couldn't cope with the workload and stress, here my company is over staffed and will invest in just about any IT software imaginable if they think it will make life easier

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It did used to annoy me when every person that voted leave was portrays as racist because I know how far from the truth that is.  

It was only ever really Leave campaigners that said that

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Moved here in April 

Its not a utopia but its good, cost of living is an eye opener, I earn more but take home less too, cheers ange 

Its strange at times at work what they consider a decent shift, it's maybe about 60-70% of a normal day in England, I'm convinced the majority of my office couldn't cope with the workload and stress, here my company is over staffed and will invest in just about any IT software imaginable if they think it will make life easier

Does it lead to a better work life balance or just companies wasting money?

1 hour ago, blandy said:
1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

I cannot believe that political organisations are using Nazi imagery against the Germans and that people are actually applauding it. Utterly disgusting.

It's gross, isn't it?. Absolute throbbers.

It's not a good look from here. 

This really is something I didn't expect,  anything goes now then.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Does it lead to a better work life balance or just companies wasting money?

Dunno, hard to say outside of my company but they definitely waste money but at the same time part of me leaving the UK was the construction industry takes the piss out of you (stress will hit the industry like asbestos related illnesses did) 

The work market here is driven by qualifications, it takes about 8 years to be a teacher I think and they really value masters degrees so I think people are getti g good jobs later in life than the UK 

I'm a QS, doesn't exist here so I'm lucky in that I'm niche, my qualification and experience dabbles in about 6 people's roles but they definitely won't let you fly solo, they like it being done by 6 people hence why it's less stress

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Thanks mate and not at all will I be offended. 

It did used to annoy me when every person that voted leave was portrays as racist because I know how far from the truth that is.  

However it is fair to say every racist would have voted leave. 

I've got friends who voted leave, and they definitely not racist. So I know there is a large part of the vote who felt they had legitimate reasons. Keep your chin up - and hopefully the chance will come to vote again - with facts made available so we can make an informed choice :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bickster said:

How the **** is anyone watching our current government and thinking “yep, they’re the ones I’d vote for” - let alone 32% of people?!

We are utterly **** :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Â