The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

6 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

https://news.sky.com/story/pms-new-brexit-offer-calls-for-backstop-to-be-abolished-11825454

Been busy with work the last few days so haven't followed that closely.

Isn't this the thing that leaked 24 hours ago and he said absolutely wasn't the plan?

Must be lying to himself now. If I was him I wouldn’t trust a word that he says to himself.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

No doubt it will be because the leak suggested 5 miles either side of the border, but the actual proposal is 4.9.

In this post truth world I'm probably giving him too much credit in my assumption they'll address the lie. Also not holding my breath for journalists to call it out.

You paint a picture so vivid I can almost smell the Tipex

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

If you think that was my point , then respectfully i think you need to go back and start again :)

I've got 23,00+ posts its quite clear I'm not against responding  ....claim a victory if you need one  but I tend to respond until something reaches a point where its reaching diminishing returns ( for the rest of the forum  as much as  anything) or things start to get a little too personal , this conversation  met both criteria ...

I reread several times as I was sure I thought I might have been missing something.

Your only words in the post were:

yes , it was so much easier before 

I just assumed form this that your point was there is loads of red tape to drive in Europe now (which Stefan addressed) and Brexit wont really change this.

I can't judge the rest of your posts, I'm simply basing it on several times I have called something out as objectively incorrect and haven't got a response.

More than happy to leave it there. If we read such fundamentally different things from going over the same 6 word post over and over I can't see us ever reaching a consensus.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

You paint a picture so vivid I can almost smell the Tipex

Don't develop a habit. I'm not being responsible for anyone ending up homeless because they spent all their savings in Rymans.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Don't develop a habit. I'm not being responsible for anyone ending up homeless because they spent all their savings in Rymans.

The problem with the crazed tipex addicts is that they cover up their wrongdoing really well.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

This transcends politics right now.I'm really worried about my future.

It's weird watching it from afar (Brexit),  it's like Series 1 of something awful.

As more and more cunning plans are brought forward in combination with an overall **** storyline I can't wait for it too end.  No way am I watching series 2,  this is rubbish.

I honestly think the credit's will roll any day now,  I am sure of it.  

"You have been watching in order of appearance"...

1 minute ago, blandy said:

The problem with the crazed tipex addicts is that they cover up their wrongdoing really well.

My cousin had a tipex addition. I tried to get him to wean himself down to coke, but he was already set in his (air)ways.

9 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

Or he might send the most incompetant person he can find....I assume Chris Grayling doesn't have anything planned for the 17th.

Could you imagine Chris Grayling trying to find Europe! He’d probably miss.

Sail around Sheppey twice and declare he’s found the westward passage to India.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Is that when he is supposed to be asking for the extension in line with the Benn Act?

Kind of. The PM must seek to obtain an extension by 11pm on the 19th Oct (if the various conditions have/have not been met).

52 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Could you imagine Chris Grayling trying to find Europe! He’d probably miss.

Sail around Sheppey twice and declare he’s found the westward passage to India.

tbf people form Sheppey would believe him  :)

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, blandy said:

An objective which is extremely probable to be not possible can't be part, rationally, of any end plan.

I'm afraid there is one word in that sentence which renders your argument inapplicable to the current situation.

• Like 1

Chatting to a French friend today, she's been allowed to remain but may leave anyway.  She says that although she has always felt welcomed by the people she meets and works with, and loves the country, the actions and attitude of the government have made her feel so unwelcome and alienated that she is thinking hard about uprooting her life and going back.  She says many EU citizens she knows have similar feelings.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, peterms said:

Chatting to a French friend today, she's been allowed to remain but may leave anyway.  She says that although she has always felt welcomed by the people she meets and works with, and loves the country, the actions and attitude of the government have made her feel so unwelcome and alienated that she is thinking hard about uprooting her life and going back.  She says many EU citizens she knows have similar feelings.

I have the opposite feeling here, and I will register for citizenship as soon as I'm eligible.

Â