The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

6 hours ago, snowychap said:

I think you've misunderstood my point and have thus got the arse.

My point was that the Polish contribution to the WW2 effort in/via this country is largely given due respect by people who know what they're on about.

Sorry if I misunderstood.

I meant the UK as a state - not individuals who have supportive and appreciative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

His ‘deal’ has already been rejected apparently. No surprise there, he was never serious about negotiating anything. 

You have embarrassed yourself there a bit,  Boris rolled his sleeves up yesterday so he's super serious apparantley 😃

He had a laptop (of sorts) and everything on the table.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's so transparently obvious what his plan is here. Offer them a shit deal they'll reject, then No Deal blaming the EU for being mean and inflexible. 

Not sure,  we don't know what the EU is playing tactically.  They are at no point going to say they like anything until they have too.  Once we are past that point then ,  no deal it is.  They really dont want it either remember.  (its just blind hope on my part mate)

16 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

It's so transparently obvious what his plan is here. Offer them a shit deal they'll reject, then No Deal blaming the EU for being mean and inflexible. 

It takes a simple person to fall for it, and many will.

5 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Not sure,  we don't know what the EU is playing tactically.  

We could go with "all the things they've ever said and all the things they've ever done since the referendum" to get a fairly good idea though, no?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

What a pain in the arse this is

yes , it was so much easier before 

Important documents for driving in Europe

1. Full, valid driving licence and national insurance number
  2. Proof of vehicle insurance
  3. Proof of ID (passport)
  4. V5C Certificate
  5. Travel insurance documents
  6. European Breakdown Cover policy number and documents
  7. Before you travel ensure your vehicle’s tax and MOT are valid and up-to-date
  8. Crit’air sticker (find out if you need one here)

Required equipment for driving in Europe

1. Reflective jackets (there must be one for each passenger and be kept within the cabin of the car)
  2. Warning triangle (compulsory in most countries)
  3. Headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you’ll either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually)
  4. Breathalyser (compulsory in France)
  5. Safety helmets are compulsory for riders and passengers of motorcyclists and moped users
  6. GB car sticker (if you don’t have a GB Euro number plate)
  7. First aid kit (compulsory in Austria, France and Germany

the GB sticker I just looked in our car park  , out of 11 cars mine is actually the only one that has a GB Euro number plate , so the other 10 would require a GB sticker regardless of Brexit 

Edited by tonyh29

4 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

We could go with "all the things they've ever said and all the things they've ever done since the referendum" to get a fairly good idea though, no?

I know you are right but there is the chance they are going to try and come out of this as the flexible ones that saved the day at the very last minute,  99.9% chance of this not happening I agree but the last 3 years have been anything but logical and filled such weird stuff,  I wouldn't put my life on any outcome at the moment is all I am really saying.  There is a few days of incompetence to be done by the UK.  Boris might sign the wrong form and revoke article 50 altogether for all we know.

Let's go through this bit by bit. I'm talking about driving when living here (my situation in Poland), not travelling.

Important documents for driving in Europe

1. Full, valid driving licence and national insurance number - Nothing extra needed.
  2. Proof of vehicle insurance - Nothing extra needed.
  3. Proof of ID (passport) - Nothing extra needed.
  4. V5C Certificate - Nothing extra needed.
  5. Travel insurance documents - Nothing extra needed.
  6. European Breakdown Cover policy number and documents - Nothing extra needed.
  7. Before you travel ensure your vehicle’s tax and MOT are valid and up-to-date - Nothing extra needed.
  8. Crit’air sticker (find out if you need one hereNo idea
  1. Reflective jackets (there must be one for each passenger and be kept within the cabin of the car) In some countries, nothing to do with the EU. Irrelevant for Poland
  2. Warning triangle (compulsory in most countries) - You've got me here but most cars are sold with it (mine was)
  3. Headlamp beam deflectors (depending on your car, you’ll either need deflector stickers or have to adjust the beam manually) Most new cars have this
  4. Breathalyser (compulsory in France) Irrelevant for Poland
  5. Safety helmets are compulsory for riders and passengers of motorcyclists and moped users Irrelevant 
  6. GB car sticker (if you don’t have a GB Euro number plate) Irrelevant for Poland
  7. First aid kit (compulsory in Austria, France and Germany Irrelevant for Poland

So as nice as your list is, your point is bunkum :) 

Edited by StefanAVFC

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm talking about driving when living here (my situation in Poland), not travelling.

Perhaps you'd be so good as to point me to where you give this information in your original post :)

you linked to a tweet about if you plan to drive in the EU and wrote "What a pain in the arse this is"  , my browser doesn't have a telepathy plug in on it so i can only reply based on what's on the screen , so nice as your Poland stuff is , your points are bunkum :P

Edited by tonyh29

9 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

yes , it was so much easier before 

I looked up the breathalyzer one, utter rubbish, there's not even a fine for that any more, they just cant be bothered to repeal the Sarkozy legislation that was designed to make his mate some money (one of only two companies allowed to make them).

45 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm not arguing with the sentiment, really. But it's absolutely not the "plan", or indeed any plan.

Reason being that even if they think there's a way around the law requiring him to ask for an extension if there's no deal by mid October, that (way round) is likely to be subjected to court proceedings. You can't have a "plan" which is for no deal, when no deal is basically not an option.

2 minutes ago, bickster said:

I looked up the breathalyzer one, utter rubbish, there's not even a fine for that any more, they just cant be bothered to repeal the Sarkozy legislation that was designed to make his mate some money (one of only two companies allowed to make them).

I think the French said back in 2013 they wouldn't fine people , i did mention that its just you don't' have the telepathy browser plug in either  :)

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I'm not arguing with the sentiment, really. But it's absolutely not the "plan", or indeed any plan.

Reason being that even if they think there's a way around the law requiring him to ask for an extension if there's no deal by mid October, that (way round) is likely to be subjected to court proceedings. You can't have a "plan" which is for no deal, when no deal is basically not an option.

And you trust BJ to follow the law? He'll try to find a way around it, guaranteed. We have 29 days, that's it.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Just polls, just polls with a consistent message

Was the questions worded  " In the event of a second once in a generation referendum which of these 2 options would you like us to ignore ?"  :)

11 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Perhaps you'd be so good as to point me to where you give this information in your original post :)

you linked to a tweet about if you plan to drive in the EU and wrote "What a pain in the arse this is"  , my browser doesn't have a telepathy plug in on it so i can only reply based on what's on the screen , so nice as your Poland stuff is , your points are bunkum :P

But stuff needed to drive in individual countries wont change, what Stefan has showed you is that none of this is from an EU level so all the paperwork now needed will be in addition to what is currently required.

It is also clear that most of that is needed to drive in this country anyway. I've never heard anyone complaining about driving abroad as it means they'll have to get a driving licence...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think the French said back in 2013 they wouldn't fine people , i did mention that its just you don't' have the telepathy browser plug in either  :)

As soon as Sarkozy lost it was kicked into the long grass because his mate coudn't make anywhere near the amount required anyway and they couldn't fine people for not having something that wasn't readily available. then they kicked it some more, then they kicked it so far it was in the rough 4 golf courses away, now they can't be bothered to take it off the books.

Â