The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

27 minutes ago, Xela said:

I can't see us leaving this month... it'll carry on like this for the foreseeable IMO

Neither do I in truth, but it's still pretty horrible to be wondering whether next month I'll have any rights.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

Neither do I in truth, but it's still pretty horrible to be wondering whether next month I'll have any rights.

I thought the Polish gov had brought in legislation to cover no deal on the rights of citizens from the UK at least in terms of residence (as long as you can prove the right to stay on the day before Brexit)?

Sure, the other things like driving, &c. may not be sorted but at least there would appear to be something (whether it's adequate is obviously arguable) in place regardless of what path the UK takes.

I think that, as per the comments from the '3 million' lot & others, the UK and the EU have both been piss poor on this.

12 minutes ago, snowychap said:

I thought the Polish gov had brought in legislation to cover no deal on the rights of citizens from the UK at least in terms of residence (as long as you can prove the right to stay on the day before Brexit)?

Sure, the other things like driving, &c. may not be sorted but at least there would appear to be something (whether it's adequate is obviously arguable) in place regardless of what path the UK takes.

I think that, as per the comments from the '3 million' lot & others, the UK and the EU have both been piss poor on this.

They have but I wouldn't be equal to other EU citizens and I never even registered my residency here at the start because I thought I'd be here 6 months max and now 4.5 years later I'm not sure what to do.

Driving license, no idea. They say I should switch it but not sure what it means when driving in the UK when I come back to visit.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

They have but I wouldn't be equal to other EU citizens and I never even registered my residency here at the start because I thought I'd be here 6 months max and now 4.5 years later I'm not sure what to do.

Driving license, no idea. They say I should switch it but not sure what it means when driving in the UK when I come back to visit.

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't a really shitty situation for you (and any others in the same or similar situations) and that there weren't many questions to answer.

It was just to say that you won't be left without any rights - it's just that you don't know what ones you will have, for how long, where, in what circumstances, and to whom you'll be able to complain when you find yourself in difficulty.

I mean, apart from that, everything will stay the same. Eek. I don't envy you.

7 minutes ago, snowychap said:

Yes, I didn't mean to suggest that it wasn't a really shitty situation for you (and any others in the same or similar situations) and that there weren't many questions to answer.

It was just to say that you won't be left without any rights - it's just that you don't know what ones you will have, for how long, where, in what circumstances, and to whom you'll be able to complain when you find yourself in difficulty.

I mean, apart from that, everything will stay the same. Eek. I don't envy you.

I know you weren't, all good.

But the official Polish site advising us still has data for the original exit date including consultation sessions in Warsaw... in March last year.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I know you weren't, all good.

But the official Polish site advising us still has data for the original exit date including consultation sessions in Warsaw... in March last year.

It’s still probably more up to date than the advice here

Heard something today about a Polish man who has been on the streets for 3 months, well - not directly from him, but I heard the story. Spat on, called foreign word removed, worse than that. What's the **** point?

If it wasn't for Polish warships, Cowes on the Isle of Wight would have been destroyed, Exeter Cathedral would have been destroyed if it wasn't for Polish troops. Like, have we as a nation really regressed this much?

Can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about it. 😭

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s still probably more up to date than the advice here

Didn't you hear the man on the radio telling us to be ready for 31st October?

I mean, what else do you want?!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, avfcDJ said:

Heard something today about a Polish man who has been on the streets for 3 months, well - not directly from him, but I heard the story. Spat on, called foreign word removed, worse than that. What's the **** point?

If it wasn't for Polish warships, Cowes on the Isle of Wight would have been destroyed, Exeter Cathedral would have been destroyed if it wasn't for Polish troops. Like, have we as a nation really regressed this much?

Can't sleep because I can't stop thinking about it. 😭

Polish WW2 troops have never been recognised respectfully by the UK.

Have a read into the victory parade, 303 squadron, the promise of British friendship and help in August 1939 should the war breakout or the total negligence of a nation being murdered by the communist terror for 40 years while no western nation moved a finger.

Very sad reading...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, snowychap said:

I disagree. The contribution may not have been given due recognition but that isn't or shouldn't be the same.

I guess "respectfully" is a very subjective term so let's leave this debate to a history thread.

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

27 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Polish WW2 troops have never been recognised respectfully by the UK.

Have a read into the victory parade, 303 squadron, the promise of British friendship and help in August 1939 should the war breakout or the total negligence of a nation being murdered by the communist terror for 40 years while no western nation moved a finger.

Very sad reading...

I'll look into that. 👍

2 hours ago, Mic09 said:

I guess "respectfully" is a very subjective term so let's leave this debate to a history thread.

I strongly disagree with your opinion.

I think you've misunderstood my point and have thus got the arse.

My point was that the Polish contribution to the WW2 effort in/via this country is largely given due respect by people who know what they're on about.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, snowychap said:

I think you've misunderstood my point and have thus got the arse.

My point was that the Polish contribution to the WW2 effort in/via this country is largely given due respect by people who know what they're on about.

Like Britain First and the BNP who keep putting a picture of a Polish Spitfire on their propaganda 😁

Â