The now-enacted will of (some of) the people

blandy

I don’t think I’ve ever been so under whelmed  to receive a notification since I opened one from Readers  Digest saying I could already be a winner

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

I don’t think I’ve ever been so under whelmed  to receive a notification since I opened one from Readers  Digest saying I could already be a winner

Got to be honest, not shocked at all that you're a Reader's Digest subscriber. 👍😁

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

That’s one of my stand out memories as a kid.

Neighbours a couple of doors up literally dancing in the street and knocking on people’s doors to tell them they’d won a Speedboat from Readers Digest. A proper commotion. People trying to tell them it’s just advertising you haven’t won and them producing a speedboat key that had been gummed to the letter!!!!!!

They’ve got the actual key to the actual speedboat!!!!

I remember being confused that no other neighbours, including my dad appeared convinced, yet these people had the letter AND HAD THE KEY TO THE SPEEDBOAT!!!

For years after that, on a nice day people would say to them it was a nice day to go out on the boat.

They were great neighbours, they were the same people that had a family argument that spilled out in to the street with them smashing up each other’s cars!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Some of you might remember this woman from her previous hit, 'No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No Deal Is Better Than A Bad Deal No'

34 minutes ago, villakram said:

So Johnson opening the door to potential UK citizenship for up to ~3m residents of Hong Kong.

See Brexit had nothing to do with xenophobia or racism...

The Windrush generation are also legally allowed to apply for indefinite leave. Unfortunately it hasn’t stopped many being deported.

I assumed @villakram was being sarcastic?

Otherwise yes, that would be an absurd comment. Clearly allowing former 'empire subjects' or near-equivalent to live in the UK neither has anything to do with Brexit nor is a guarantor of a non-racist society (otherwise the years 1945-1961 would have been a paradise of racial equality in the UK).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

I assumed @villakram was being sarcastic?

Otherwise yes, that would be an absurd comment. Clearly allowing former 'empire subjects' or near-equivalent to live in the UK neither has anything to do with Brexit nor is a guarantor of a non-racist society (otherwise the years 1945-1961 would have been a paradise of racial equality in the UK).

Yup, more along the lines of those who - definitely did not vote for Brexit because of xenophobia or racism - being perfectly happy with such an arrangement.

Of course, it wouldn't occur on that scale, in actuality the five eyes crowd are talking about sharing the "burden" and I'm sure there are plenty of eligible who'd be happy enough or have other reasons to stay behind.

On 29/05/2020 at 00:10, tonyh29 said:

Were you a winner though? That’s the most pressing thing here 

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Were you a winner though? That’s the most pressing thing here 

I was close but some family in Wales won the speedboat that I was sure was going to be mine 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â