Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Perhaps we could have a different approach for the Final game against Newcastle

"show em your arse, when they come off the grass"

it might be something to remember us, by.

6 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

. . . we have been called pricks, words removed, clearings in the woods, arse clowns, pathetic, idiots, dick heads and in one memorable exchange somebody accused us of besmirching the good name of Acorns with our violent protest . . . 

. . . and that was just their wives, you should have heard what the fans had to say. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

You guys have done us proud, and banners out stuff has been a roaring success. Well done.

This last week has been the worst week I can think of as a Villa fan. Relegation confirmed, the two people who looked like they knew what they were doing walking because of the ego driven owner. More Gabby antics. Another waffling statement telling us nothing. The one stand out candidate for the manager job more or less dropping out and then what seemed to be a really poisonous atmosphere at VP. 

The Newcastle game is going to be the last home game in the Premier League for what could be many, many years if things stay the way they are. Do we want to go out in another angry atmosphere, or do we want to go out with a smile on our faces? ... Ignore the unmotivated prats on the pitch and celebrate the club, pointing out that this is not acceptable, waffling statements from the club won't placate people.

Wouldn't it be nicer to look back on our last home game in the Premier League with a smile....

And yes - if you can, get Ian Taylor involved

Totally agree. I said the same myself a while back, but not as well, perhaps. Personally I'd have done this from yesterday on, but like you I've stopped going, so respect the choice of the people organising etc. But I really really think this should be done.

2 minutes ago, DK82 said:

Some of the insults on the Twitter timeline are shocking. You'd think we were robbing a pre-school.

Well done and Keep going Den, most of the insults and criticism/cynicism stems from those who no longer go to games. 

• Like 1

I have been fully behind these protests, even if it achieves absolutely nothing at least it feels like you're doing something. Absolutely nothing to lose at the moment, season's finished and we need to do anything we can to give Lerner a push towards that exit. Hopefully it works.

However, if I'm honest (and you may not have thought this far ahead), I think the point has largely been made. By all means let's go all out again in the final game of the season but I'd prefer to go to the first game of next season with a more united front. With a little luck a sale will have happened by then, but even if it hasn't I think the fans have made their point and need to group together for the fight in the Championship. Be nice to go to a game without protests and booing our own players, as much as they are both fully warranted.

So once again I'll join in with anything against Newcastle (I grabbed a massive handful of posters from one of your guys and was handing them to anyone in the Trinity who didn't have one!) but I want to start next season with a clean slate, even if I am disappointed with Lerner still in charge or the individual players.

Well done to all involved though, you've helped Villa fans make their point and hope it's helped give Lerner that last shove.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jackbauer24 said:

I have been fully behind these protests, even if it achieves absolutely nothing at least it feels like you're doing something. Absolutely nothing to lose at the moment, season's finished and we need to do anything we can to give Lerner a push towards that exit. Hopefully it works.

However, if I'm honest (and you may not have thought this far ahead), I think the point has largely been made. By all means let's go all out again in the final game of the season but I'd prefer to go to the first game of next season with a more united front. With a little luck a sale will have happened by then, but even if it hasn't I think the fans have made their point and need to group together for the fight in the Championship. Be nice to go to a game without protests and booing our own players, as much as they are both fully warranted.

So once again I'll join in with anything against Newcastle (I grabbed a massive handful of posters from one of your guys and was handing them to anyone in the Trinity who didn't have one!) but I want to start next season with a clean slate, even if I am disappointed with Lerner still in charge or the individual players.

Well done to all involved though, you've helped Villa fans make their point and hope it's helped give Lerner that last shove.

We generally agree. Obviously, it will depend what actually happens in the summer but in the ground itself then yes, we will have to be united behind whatever team they manage to cobble together and float out there. We've never been against the team, as evidenced by our reluctance to do anything player related. It's just not our MO. 

We have thought that far ahead in other words, however we want to express caution. Things might get worse in the summer, lord knows how but they might. So we need to stay open to some degree. 

• Like 1

A simple, effective means of protest might be to 'turnaround' on 74.  Face away from the players, the board, the cameras.  

The Villa fans singing loud and proud amongst themselves whilst shunning the players for say seven minutes (one for each title) would be visual and damning of this shoddy season

Could still hold banners up as well...

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

Â