Aston Villa Protest Group

MikeMcKenna

Take a look at @Jamorushton's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Jamorushton/status/704778430294966273?s=09

Ultimately, whether it was hundreds, thousands, it doesn't matter at this stage. The point is that this action along with the terrific vocal onslaught has had an impact. What we choose to do with that is up to us, as a combined force. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, ismail-villa said:

Was tom fox at the game?? Hearing that chant about him must've been embarrassing haha.

Yes he looked realky uncomfortable and abit terrified to be honest. I dont think he will be at the club come summer. As he is do hated now and we hold him just as responsible as Lerner 

• Like 1

Abuse aimed at Lerner , Fox , Hollis ?

you can count me out 

Fwiw I didn't go to the game today that's my protest (my mate had to drive up from Surrey on his own and is still moaning at me !! ) .The money I'd have spent on a ticket is peanuts in the scheme of things but I'm not really a fan of giving someone money in order for me to protest  , different of course for season ticket holders amongst you

First time I have ever left a Villa game before the end and in all honestly felt pleased that I did! Even missing a bloody goal.  A good number seemed to leave for what I could see. Fantastic achievement from all those involved and to think that this was only an idea week or so ago - well done guys!! 

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 2

I only bought a ticket tonight so I could leave on 74. Some of the fans around me made me feel like I  had crossed a picket line and that surprised me though . I could have just needed a shit for all they knew .

Congratulations to all involved at setting this thing up. Amazing how far you've come in such a short space of time. The key thing now is that you've got momentum.. and the attention is firmly on those who have mismanaged our great club.

This may achieve everything, this may achieve nothing but at least you will be able to say you didn't stand idly by when our club was sent on the road to ruin.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

Congratulations to all involved at setting this thing up. Amazing how far you've come in such a short space of time. The key thing now is that you've got momentum.. and the attention is firmly on those who have mismanaged our great club.  This may achieve everything, this may achieve nothing but at least you will be able to say you didn't stand idly by when our club was sent on the road to ruin.

Good post. Anything fans can do to create pressure on the club is worth trying IMO - more walkouts, more banners, more chants, more whatever.  I hope more fans start to get on board now and make this a huge collective effort.  I know it's hard for a lot of people, it goes against the grain to walk out early. But the more fans that join, the greater the pressure, the more we can all say we didn't stand idly by - we did everything in our power to help our club.

Edited by Gary Thomas

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

fair play to people that walked out on 74, Im sure most wanted to leave before half time :P 

That a pretty much how I felt too. Quite a lot around us had left already.

I was a bit surprised at some of the jeering and boos when we all did walk.

Must admit the dire football helped in my decision in walking.....my personal battle was staying up to the 74th minute!

I was surprised that I was the only one on my row to leave, some seemed almost annoyed that they had to move out of the way at an odd time.

Once out the back of the north you could see that it had caught and that seemed to cause more to leave.

Must say fair play to the Everton fans, they were brilliant tonight.  Clapping our protest songs and the walkout. A class set of fans.

Â