Keinan Davis

a-k

His finishing needs to improve considerably if we're going to talk about him as a Premier League player in the years to come. However his hold up play is very decent for someone of his age. I'm not sad he's not starting but he has a role to play for us this season and perhaps in those to come.

• Like 1

Not really bothered either way but I would edge towards selling if the right replacement was already found. 

If he stays he's a good kid that can hold up the ball but looks not to have a goal scoring instinct based on what I have seen of his positional play.  That could be because he isnt a goal getter or because we arent a team that create the right kind of chances for him or the fact that his only 19 and only played a small part of a season.

If he goes  and we get the right type of striker that can scores goals in this team in the way we play, like kodjia did last season then I'm ok to let him go. 

For me, all I care about, is promotion this season and I if I have to forfeit some future capital then I am happy to do that.  I hate the modern day attitude of everything needs to happen now and I can see in parts of myself as time goes by which I hate because you get used to it with technology and everything.  This is not about that, this is about promotion this year being huge for us in terms of the future of this club and another year in the championship could impact us more than we think aside from the money tap dry up from the premier league relegation.  Therefore selling potential (and that's all it is at the moment) with something that could benefit us now I'm all for. 

The Sun are reporting that Brighton and Hove Albion are eager to sign Keinan Davis this month for £3m.

The young striker, who has scored three goals for Aston Villa this season, has led the line well in the absence of other senior strikers and has supposedly caught the eye of teams in the top tier.

Brighton are looking for a forward, and have been linked with Moussa Dembele of Celtic, but could move for Davis, according to the report.

Davis, released by Stevenage and picked up Biggleswade Town, has worked his way up to second tier of English football, and has demonstrated plenty of determination along the way.

Still only 19, the striker signed a new contract only last month and that runs until 2020 

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-transfers-premier-league-14131540 

I don't think I'd accept a 20m bid for him tbh. I think his performances with us so far have been very, very good, and at such a young age. 

His ability to hold up the ball is exceptional - I'd probably say even better than Benteke. He has the ability to run at defenders, beat them with skill and pace, and knows how to properly strike a ball. 

He hasn't scored as many as he probably would have liked, but he's by no means a bad finisher. On some occasions, he's just got very unlucky or been stopped by strong defending. 

He's a proper centre forward and he's still a kid. As Bruce would say, "he could be anything", and I genuinely believe that. 

For any decent teenage striker who has been playing regularly in the Championship, an offer of £3m from a Premier League club is ridiculously small - players that start in the Premier League cost you at least £20m, back up players half of that - the offer of £3m suggests that Brighton see Keinan as a useful addition to their youth set up. I think the idea of becoming a youth player in a bigger league has gone for Davis.

I'd put his market value at about three times that should we be a willing seller. If the club let him go for £3m, we haven't understood modern football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

3m :crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

You might get his left boot for that amount. Obviously this is a joke so no point taking this seriously

Must be a typo, Did they miss a zero off the end :D

Its difficult to value him.....He is raw and lots more development to come from him.

He is best staying where he is and us keeping him and revisit these kind of situations when he has developed a lot more.

I don't think it would be good for him or villa if he left.....unless he went to Man City.

• Like 1

The Sun are reporting...    aaaand stop!

Little toe rag of a racist newspaper. I wouldn't wipe my arse with anything they have to say.

As for a supposed £3m bid..  :crylaugh::crylaugh:

As @Hornso says;

On 09/01/2018 at 23:02, Hornso said:

For £3m they can loan him until the end of the season.

:thumb:

Edited by AvfcRigo82

17 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

dont think we should sell for less than 10 tbh

I agree. If we can get near 10, I think that is good business. We bought Kodjia for 11 so that would basically recoup almost all that. 

Â