Keinan Davis

a-k

On 2/2/2018 at 00:02, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I really rate Davis, I think he's got a fantastic first touch, awareness, agility and the perfect physical attributes to go on to be a nuisance at any level. 

However at this stage we just need more goals from our striker. I thought they'd come, they didn't, and he hasn't scored in over 4 months. 3 months before he was properly dropped. Three whole months.  

I'm wondering if he needs more time to regain confidence with the U23's. Because I'm damn sure there's a player in there.

I agree about the latter but I think his first touch is awful. Really needs to work on that and his finishing. 

But I do think he has a very good future in the game. 

11 minutes ago, omariqy said:

I am sure he will be an important player for us in last third of the season. In fact I think he could be crucial this Sunday coming off the bench.

I agree, i think he still has a big part to play as the season comes to it's conclusion. Hopefully being rested and not being relied on as our only fit striking option will help him get back to his best form again like we saw when he first came into the team. It was a lot to expect him to carry our goalscoring and promotion hopes in his first full season. Coming off the bench as an impact forward or the odd start when required is how he should be integrated into the first team, our bad luck with injuries propelled him into full time action earlier on in his career than was probably expected.

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Hard to hold the ball up if you can't control it.

Controlling a ball and having a poor first touch are not the same. That and his finishing needs work. When he had the ball he is hard to get the ball off. He will get better I'm almost certain of that

2 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Controlling a ball and having a poor first touch are not the same. That and his finishing needs work. When he had the ball he is hard to get the ball off. He will get better I'm almost certain of that

Controlling the ball is your first touch.....

Unless of course it's a first time pass......

Even if he doesn't start another league game this season he has still had a hell of a lot of development this year and come a long way, it has been a successful year for him.  I think taking him out of the team is for the best at this point as his performances have dropped considerably. Not just the lack of goals but when you look at his earlier games where he was turning people, bullying defenders, running in behind and being a general nuisance....he isn't doing any of that anymore and making it far too easy for defenders 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Even if he doesn't start another league game this season he has still had a hell of a lot of development this year and come a long way, it has been a successful year for him.  I think taking him out of the team is for the best at this point as his performances have dropped considerably. Not just the lack of goals but when you look at his earlier games where he was turning people, bullying defenders, running in behind and being a general nuisance....he isn't doing any of that anymore and making it far too easy for defenders 

Yeah I dont wan't to be too harsh on him but I have noticed that too. He has come a long way though and I have no doubt he will get a lot better for the years to come. 

1 hour ago, Dick said:

He will have ups and downs, we just need to stick by him. See: Jack Grealish.

Good point. Alot of us said me included this could be a make of break for grealish and he is delivering. if he keeps this form up one of the big boys will be coming in with a big offer 

Meant to say after the game... but what the hell is the point of bringing him on after 88 minutes?  He's not a poacher who will nick you a goal, he's the type of striker that will hold the ball up and bring team mates into the game.  He needs more than 2 minutes to get into the game, therefore.  Should have been brought on when Grabban was if we were going to use him at all.

50 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Meant to say after the game... but what the hell is the point of bringing him on after 88 minutes?  He's not a poacher who will nick you a goal, he's the type of striker that will hold the ball up and bring team mates into the game.  He needs more than 2 minutes to get into the game, therefore.  Should have been brought on when Grabban was if we were going to use him at all.

I agree it's kind of pointless, but i think the logic was he's a bit tricky to handle and putting him up against tired defenders might bring an error from them.

Its a tactic that goes along very nicely with kick and hope, and realistically when 2-0 down with 2 minutes to go there isn't much else you can do.

Â