Keinan Davis

a-k

On 12/27/2017 at 13:28, Zatman said:

He has played about 15 games as a pro. I think its embarrassing this lad is getting abuse or the blame

Though not surprised Jack got similar at his age

If fans think he can do better, he will, due to frustration.....albeit slagging players during a game is counter productive.....i think our desperation in this area has over hyped him a bit.

He is not at fault for where we are, but his performances have dipped.....that cannot be ignored

14 minutes ago, hippo said:

Here's a hypothetical question.

Would you accept a medium sized bid (say £7m) for Davis to fund a more 2018  ready but older striker  ?

Nope. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

Would you accept a medium sized bid (say £7m) for Davis to fund a more 2018  ready but older striker  ?

I like the question but it's a nope from me too I think. I think a shrewd loanee together with a hopefully resurgent Hogan, RHM and Davis would be enough I think to get us through. 

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

For £7m I would FWIW - Strikers that don't score have a short shelf life no matter how well they play.

Me too, I don't see much to his game to be honest. I think he could develop into a decent championship player but I couldn't see him becoming good enough for the premier league. Just my opinion but I haven't seen a huge amount of him, just a few appearances this season. 

35 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

I think it’s too early to say with him, he’s only made a handful of appearances for us so difficult to make assertions about the rest of his career.

From my point of view I think he could be very good.

Yes - that's why we would get a hefty fee for him. He could go on to be really something special and cashing in for £7m would be daft. On the other hand that £7m well spent could propel to the PL - while Davis fails to live up to his promise.

25 minutes ago, hippo said:

Yes - that's why we would get a hefty fee for him. He could go on to be really something special and cashing in for £7m would be daft. On the other hand that £7m well spent could propel to the PL - while Davis fails to live up to his promise.

It’s a gamble I’m glad I don’t have to make the call on. But I suppose at our current predicament £7m is a very tidy sum.

3 hours ago, hippo said:

7m would be hard to turn down. I like Davis but I don't think he has what it takes to be a big player. 

I could be wrong. 

His (starting) debut v Norwich he played with no fear and we lots of wow moments from him and he looked a great find

somehow that seems to have gone and he's developed into a more sombre shadow of that Norwich player  ... one that has suddenly had to have the weight of carrying a forward line thrust upon him  .... I guess all he needs is to get that back .. an extended run for Hogan , RHM returning to the fold may just help him regain that wow factor as the pressure on him is lifted  ...

• Like 2

Yep @tonyh29 I think that's spot on. There are so many young players who have started with some huge performances and then dipped off quickly when the manager couldn't drop them and they played a large number of consecutive games. I think RHM, Hogan and hopefully a loanee could lift the burden. Later in the season he could be a real assett coming on late in games or with a real point to prove when given a chance to start. 

Also next year should we not go up and we have to sell or give away anything with any value or significant wage I would imagine the club will be built around the likes of Davis, RHM, OHare, Green, Doyle-Hayes. With the right manager it actually doesn't scare me that much. 

6 hours ago, hippo said:

It's a good question, but I think I'd stick. He probably isn't on massive wages so we might use him next year if we don't get promoted, and if we did get promoted, PL transfer values are ludicrous so we could always sell him later (assuming he doesn't completely fall off the radar in the meantime of course). 

7 hours ago, hippo said:

I wouldn't sell him he is a young lad who has talent- you dont sell them- remember Spurs almost sold Bale.

4 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

His (starting) debut v Norwich he played with no fear and we lots of wow moments from him and he looked a great find

somehow that seems to have gone and he's developed into a more sombre shadow of that Norwich player  ... one that has suddenly had to have the weight of carrying a forward line thrust upon him  .... I guess all he needs is to get that back .. an extended run for Hogan , RHM returning to the fold may just help him regain that wow factor as the pressure on him is lifted  ...

Agreed mate. Its not Bruces fault, injures meant he had no choice, but it an ideal world you don't bring in a 19yr old kid from the academy and expect him to fire you to promotion. Hopefully a rest, and better form from Hogan will take some pressure off and allow him to be eased back. 

All that said, he rarely looks like he is going to score a goal, not ideal in a center forward. 

So he has scored 2 in 17? Hogan prior to last game scored 1 in 7 and Kodjia 1 in 7, not a huge difference. He has been playing as a lone striker in a team that doesn't create many chances. Moreover he is asked to play as a target player which means he contributes to the build up play more instead of only getting into goal scoring positions. He is 19 for gods sake, he is a kid, no player is or has been consistant at that age. It's a great achivement to get so many starts at his age. He has showed enough for me to think that he has great potential. If a big club came in with a big offer for him I would be even more reluctant to let him go as it would mean that they see something special in him. I would turn down £7m without hesitating. 

• Like 1

I'd keep him, but no doubt I gone off him a bit since I had dealings with him recently, first impressions an all. If he has the same personality in training, no wonder he has been left on the bench.

Edited by foreveryoung

8 hours ago, hippo said:

As long as there is a clear replacement who'd help us get promoted, then definitely yes. The goal is promotion and if selling Davis helps us achieve that goal, then I would support it. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hippo said:

For £7m I would FWIW - Strikers that don't score have a short shelf life no matter how well they play.

He is NINETEEN years old and has literally JUST started playing first team football with us.

WTF?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Â