Keinan Davis

a-k

He isn't a prolific goal scorer and doubt he ever will be. Now that isn't a problem in itself, there are many strikers that aren't prolific but are considered good strikers based on the offer things they offer.

When Davis first broke into the team his hold up play and eagerness to win the ball back made him a very important player. That seems to have vanished from his game recently and need to return quickly, because at the moment he is offering absolutely nothing. 

Worrying. 

17 minutes ago, av1 said:

He isn't a prolific goal scorer and doubt he ever will be. Now that isn't a problem in itself, there are many strikers that aren't prolific but are considered good strikers based on the offer things they offer.

When Davis first broke into the team his hold up play and eagerness to win the ball back made him a very important player. That seems to have vanished from his game recently and need to return quickly, because at the moment he is offering absolutely nothing. 

Worrying. 

Tiredness ,Confidence?

4 minutes ago, av1 said:

New contract?

Consistency is difficult for young player were all to quick to judge look at grelaish now, He's been close to scoring some really good goals a bit unlucky to be fair , his confidence has to take a hit from beign droped and failing to find the net but on the other hand he shouldn't have been burdened with so much responsibility earlier on this season. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

I was glad to see Davis get back on the pitch tonight. He really does add a different dimension to our play, and he seemed to have a bit of fire in his belly in the (very) few times that he got involved.

Hopefully that spell on the sidelines has done him the world of good, and showed him that he’s not made it yet, and needs to keep working hard all the time.

• Like 2

I want to see this kid playing, even starting.

I think he has competed and conducted himself admirably, and honestly, with enough game time, could see him continually rising to the occassion and new heights like Kane has for Spurs.

Not sure what Grabban's signing means for Davis, in the short term at least.

I think we have such a richly talented group of youngsters and it would be a shame for them not to get a good shot at fulfilling their potential.

This group includes Davis, O'Hare, Grealish and Onomah. All four I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see have good Premier League careers.

Edited by A'Villan

1 minute ago, A'Villan said:

I want to see this kid playing, even starting.

I think he has competed and conducted himself admirably, and honestly, with enough game time, could see him continually rising to the occassion and new heights like Kane has for Spurs.

Not sure what Grabban's signing means for Davis, in the short term at least.

He's 19.....He has plenty of time......He will prosper on the crest of a wave, not submerged in pressure.

We have a job to do and its not for the faint hearted ( not saying he is by the way) it can be a lot of pressure.

Steve was right to bring in Lewis.

Keinan will get game time, so will RHM,no doubt in my mind and there will be jobs during games he will be brought in to do.....but to expect 17 grueling games from him is too much IMV.

We are tasking them to win c 13 games.....big ask.

Bear in mind too.....Steve Bruce has a job to secure and promotion is his only option.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TRO said:

He's 19.....He has plenty of time......He will prosper on the crest of a wave, not submerged in pressure.

We have a job to do and its not for the faint hearted ( not saying he is by the way) it can be a lot of pressure.

Steve was right to bring in Lewis.

Keinan will get game time, so will RHM,no doubt in my mind and there will be jobs during games he will be brought in to do.....but to expect 17 grueling games from him is too much IMV.

We are tasking them to win c 13 games.....big ask.

Bear in mind too.....Steve Bruce has a job to secure and promotion is his only option.

Completely agree. The bigger picture is a return to the Premier League, all there is to it.

I just think Davis' has done a great job when called upon, and could see us continuing to win with him playing.

Some people, despite their age and maturity, can handle pressure. Davis can certainly cope physically.

• Like 1

I really rate Davis, I think he's got a fantastic first touch, awareness, agility and the perfect physical attributes to go on to be a nuisance at any level. 

However at this stage we just need more goals from our striker. I thought they'd come, they didn't, and he hasn't scored in over 4 months. 3 months before he was properly dropped. Three whole months.  

I'm wondering if he needs more time to regain confidence with the U23's. Because I'm damn sure there's a player in there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I really rate Davis, I think he's got a fantastic first touch, awareness, agility and the perfect physical attributes to go on to be a nuisance at any level. 

However at this stage we just need more goals from our striker. I thought they'd come, they didn't, and he hasn't scored in over 4 months. 3 months before he was properly dropped. Three whole months.  

I'm wondering if he needs more time to regain confidence with the U23's. Because I'm damn sure there's a player in there.

Didn't realise it was 3 months.

He was certainly involved in the build up to others, and had some near misses since. So it's not as if he was playing poorly in that time.

Â