Keinan Davis

a-k

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Seeing how mitovic's strength and hold up play was so important to the way fulham play, can't help but think this kid could be important if we want to build a new style next year. 

I thinks a significant point, because Mitrovic brings players in......but Keinan has way to go to measure up to him.

He is one I would sell should a big offer come in. Sure his hold up play is great - but non scoring strikers have a short shelf life - and we have loads of them already.  £5m+ I would take it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Not a chance. He was an important team player and a massive reason why we kept getting results without Jack and Kodjia. 

He's also going to be on about as low a wages to effectiveness ratio as there can be at the club. 

There are plenty of low scoring strikers. The first one we should get rid of is Hogan. For what it's worth I think the only reason we didn't see more of him is because of how much we are paying and paid for Hogan. We could have done with Davis at Wembley...it would have given us an option who could have held the ball up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a very important player for us next year. 

Fair point about the wages - I don't see any offers coming in for Hogan though,  where as Davis I could see some interest. 

20 minutes ago, hippo said:

He is one I would sell should a big offer come in. Sure his hold up play is great - but non scoring strikers have a short shelf life - and we have loads of them already.  £5m+ I would take it.

On what planet is a 'big offer' going come in for Davis?

• Like 1

Yeah, Hogan depresses me. What a waste of money. We've had all the chances...the amount wasted on fees and wages for Hogan, RMC, Tshibola, Lansbury and gollini is depressing.

Just imagine if Hogan had been good...a striker capable of actually playing football. I think we'd have been much closer to second. It's one key ruinous transfer among the rest the summer before. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

On what planet is a 'big offer' going come in for Davis?

Planet Hope !!!!!!!

He is young ,a good footballer - I am probably clutching at straws

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Yeah, Hogan depresses me. What a waste of money. We've had all the chances...the amount wasted on fees and wages for Hogan, RMC, Tshibola, Lansbury and gollini is depressing.

Just imagine if Hogan had been good...a striker capable of actually playing football. I think we'd have been much closer to second. It's one key ruinous transfer among the rest the summer before. 

Yep - Terrible player - he can barely control the ball  - I wonder if that header late on would have fell to someone else.

1 hour ago, praisedmambo said:

Just imagine if we had a manager who could play to their proven strengths.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

If he can get some consistency into his game, and get back to the lad who bullied QPR, Norwich, Burton and Barnsley he could be a big player for us next season. Such a shame he dropped out so alarmingly to the point where he wasn't really affecting the game at all.

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

If he can get some consistency into his game, and get back to the lad who bullied QPR, Norwich, Burton and Barnsley he could be a big player for us next season. Such a shame he dropped out so alarmingly to the point where he wasn't really affecting the game at all.

Only downside to playing Davis is it gives Bruce an excuse to tell the players to just punt long balls forward instead of actually playing any resemblance of attractive football :(

• Like 1

I'd play Davis in a 442. He's the best back to goal striker I've seen since Mark Hughes.  He can dribble aswell which is unusal for B2G strikers.

Most of these hold up men are cultivated, like when Juan Pablo lost his pace he became "an outlet" Crouch wasn't a born like it either he was a baller just an awkward looking one, he was turned into one by default.

But Davis is a natural.

5 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Davis has huge huge potential, if he can get some consistency next season his value will rocket. Would love to see him and RHM together for the first team. 

Me too. Would be nice to given them some opportunities next year. I see little point persisting with Hogan.

• Like 1

Hogan is a different animal. He's more like a goal hanger like defoe without the shots from outside the area.

You can't compare them it's cruel..... it's like slotted and phillips screwdrivers. you need both in the toolbox.

• Like 1

On 30/05/2018 at 05:34, praisedmambo said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he was a very important player for us next year. 

I agree completely. The way we set up in the 1st half at Wembley, Davis would have been far more effective than Grabban. (Obviously nerves in a big game like that may have affected him.)

What happened to him during the 2nd half of the season? He just disappeared. 

14 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Hogan is a different animal. He's more like a goal hanger like defoe without the shots from outside the area.

You can't compare them it's cruel..... it's like slotted and phillips screwdrivers. you need both in the toolbox.

What is it with you and screwdrivers? 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

..or just do as I do and use a butter knife, which I guess in this analogy would be Mccormack.

Â