Keinan Davis

a-k

On 10/08/2022 at 20:17, messi11 said:

Going to Watford apparently, Loan would be pointless we really need to cash in on him NOW

They're selling Dennis and Sarr so will get 40m + for those two so loan would be frustrating when he showed what he could do at Forest.

I wonder if a view to a permanent move is basically loan with obligation to buy if certain conditions are met or like with Matt Targett where loan fee + option to buy where we agreed a price up front of £15m split into £3m loan fee and £12m buy option. 

27 minutes ago, Farlz said:

How did we manage to fumble any sort of permanent sale after his Forest loan?

Hopefully he does well enough for Watford to want to sign him next summer. 

Injuries. I imagine Forest were put off by his injury record and I don't blame them.

We're awful at selling players in general but not sure we're at fault here.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Farlz said:

How did we manage to fumble any sort of permanent sale after his Forest loan?

Hopefully he does well enough for Watford to want to sign him next summer. 

Forest probably had a good look at him and his record in the prem and thought that he is essentially a decent but limited Championship player.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Loan with no obligation to buy is a waste of time.

An option to buy won't be taken up and he will be back here soon enough.

Why is it? Obligation to buy would have a fixed fee.

He might, might, tear it up (the league, not his hamstring), and then be worth much more at the end of the loan and on the open market.

Likely? No. Waste of time? Definitely not.

Would have preferred permanent transfer. Can see another forest situation. Helps watford up then they dont feel he is good enough for PL like forest have done

I am suprised forest never bothered though. He was a real asset for them . Even if they go down davis would ahve been good enough to get them back up

54 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Why is it? Obligation to buy would have a fixed fee.

He might, might, tear it up (the league, not his hamstring), and then be worth much more at the end of the loan and on the open market.

Likely? No. Waste of time? Definitely not.

He tore it up at Forest and they wasn't interested.

I can't see this move being any different.

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Forest probably had a good look at him and his record in the prem and thought that he is essentially a decent but limited Championship player.

Don't agree. Can't read too much into his Prem record, most of his minutes have been as a sub and most of his starts were as a kid in a poor side.

• Like 2

Â