Keinan Davis

a-k

9 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Lewis Grabban has left and Lingard isn't a striker. That leaves a team that played 2 up front last year with 2 strikers. They need another.

They largely didn't play 2 up front - more 2 wide/roaming attacking midfielders and 1 up top.

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I get what you're saying, is he good enough to do that in the Premier League though? I think he was playing at his level for Forest in the Championship.

Fair comment. I guess we'll have to see, assuming we don't sel/loan him.  He's not really had the opportunity to try in the PL yet for various reasons. He was definitely doing it in the Championship.

To be honest  if we were playing two up top and struggling to control the game I'd want us to switch to one up top and two tens anyway. And probably make a change further back, perhaps also switching to the dreaded double pivot (again, assuming we're sticking with the one CDM and 2 8s formation in the middle).

Whatever we do, it's nice to to have options. We've got 5 subs available this year, and Davis gives us another different option from anything else we have, especially so if we didn't want to completely change shape, but did want to change personnel. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

One of them was Brennan Johnson who is still there and their best player. Surridge played there and is also still there.

Awoniyi & Johnson will start, Surridge on the bench. Lingard will play as a 10 instead of Zinckernagel. They probably need another Striker and another 10.

Maybe we can try and send them both Davis and JPB. Ideally one sold and one on loan as we only have 8 slots this year

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

They largely didn't play 2 up front - more 2 wide/roaming attacking midfielders and 1 up top.

I thought Zinckernagel was a striker for some reason.

11 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

I thought Zinckernagel was a striker for some reason.

Nah - attacking mid.  He and Johnson generally drifted wide (particularly Johnson) with Davis doing the hold up play and bringing Yates further up the pitch.

A bit off topic but I’ve been so underwhelmed whenever I’ve seen Johnson play. Maybe I have just had a bad sample size to go on but he’s never looked very good to me. 

Anyway, I hope Davis gets sold for a decent amount. I don’t see a future for him here anymore. 

2 hours ago, duke313 said:

In what way would Davis 'change the game' but Archer wouldn't? Presumably if Archer came on and scored it would change the game somewhat?

The problem as I see it is......doing that you gain something, but lose something too.....Keinan is not a scorer.

We still have too many players of limited attributes, so we are always compromising, when using subs.

Only when we fill the team out with " Complete" players of higher quality, and more attributes, will these things work effectively.

I know we can't raise the playing standard in one window.....but like Kamara and Carlos, we have to keep the bar set high when recruiting.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Lewis Grabban has left and Lingard isn't a striker. That leaves a team that played 2 up front last year with 2 strikers. They need another.

Signing Dennis for 25 million

On 23/07/2022 at 10:12, est1874 said:

🤣 By what objective criteria is Keinan Davis a very good player? 🤣

7 goal involvements in 15 starts last season. A whoscored rating over 7.  And rave reviews from the few Forest fans I know.

The ability is there. He's never stayed injury free long enough to prove it at the hightest level though.

Sadly, latest injury seems to confirm that all the arguments about whether he's good or not are irrelevant 😞

• Like 1

Â