Mervyn King

Nabby

Another finance person running the club, yey!!!! Not one person on the board you could say, yup, I can see why they'd be good for the club overall.
At least he knows policy and not just asset stripping which is going to be a real help to our quite awful current bunch. He just won't have anyone to suggest any good ideas, but I'm sure at 67 he's extremely innovative and up with the modern game.......

Funny how quickly people are turned when a famous Villa fan is put on the board, no mention of his salary, what he knows about modern football or running a club in all aspects.....but then most Villa fans only bother to look at the surface so a gesture usually quietens the majority down.

53 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Proper Villa fan with all the credentials, great appointment.

Compared to running the BoE villa will be like a corner shop to him. Hopefully he can get the tossers to stop running it like one.

Probably why a comment including this is so highly liked. 

Edited by itdoesntmatterwhatthissay

38 minutes ago, itdoesntmatterwhatthissay said:

Another finance person running the club, yey!!!! Not one person on the board you could say, yup, I can see why they'd be good for the club overall.
At least he knows policy and not just asset stripping which is going to be a real help to our quite awful current bunch. He just won't have anyone to suggest any good ideas, but I'm sure at 67 he's extremely innovative and up with the modern game.......

Funny how quickly people are turned when a famous Villa fan is put on the board, no mention of his salary, what he knows about modern football or running a club in all aspects.....but then most Villa fans only bother to look at the surface so a gesture usually quietens the majority down.

Probably why a comment including this is so highly liked. 

Doing the numbers for Villa will be small free in comparison to Bank of England, that can only be good for us

Just now, ReasonforRevolution said:

Welcome Lord King of Lothbury. Hopefully we'll have someone fighting our corner in the board room. Coincidence his appointment is a few days after deadline day? Nah.

We're fit for a king.
We're fit for a king.
We're Aston Villa.
We're fit for a king.

let me rephrase that for you:-)

We're fit for the bin
We're fit for the bin
We're Aston Villa.
We're fit for the bin

too much?....:-p

• Like 1

Club probably would have been better off, from a PR point of view, announcing King as chairman and Hollis as something else. They both still could have done the same job, but that way around you'd get a better figure head in King as chairman.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Club probably would have been better off, from a PR point of view, announcing King as chairman and Hollis as something else. They both still could have done the same job, but that way around you'd get a better figure head in King as chairman.

But hollis is more a lerner "kinda guy" 

5 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

So with his dedicated support we are now being relegated.  So what's going to happen now he is on the board of directors?  He is obviously not doing this for free, so what is in it for him?  

Gets him out the house I suppose.

Edited by rodders0223
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Will be gone by Christmas.

He's not even been assigned a desk yet chap and you've already cleared it :crylaugh:

23 minutes ago, ermie123 said:

So with his dedicated support we are now being relegated.  So what's going to happen now he is on the board of directors?  He is obviously not doing this for free, so what is in it for him?  

To sit on a board, its usually a nominal salary and some equity. 

Man, I actually thought this was a speculation thread. Thought the window was still open for loans for like a week (that's how it is right? Right!?)

Mervyn King sounds like a striker in Ligue 1 with a strikerate of 13 goals in 95 games for Nantes otherwise known as Gestede'ing it. Was proper excited too 0onl36y.png?1

• Like 1

Â