Eric Black

villan-scott

But he is hardly gonna say "I'm playing the same bunch of useless cretins next week so fans can have at 'em" is he. Of course he will be nice about them, he wants to make sure they turn up and don't ring in ill. Leading the lambs....

I'm giving him to much credit aren't I lol. God I hope I'm right.

3 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

But he is hardly gonna say "I'm playing the same bunch of useless cretins next week so fans can have at 'em" is he. Of course he will be nice about them, he wants to make sure they turn up and don't ring in ill. Leading the lambs....

No but there is literally nothing to lose now. They've faced the relegation, as Lescott said the "weight is off their shoulders", we're gone, we should be washing our hands of them now.

Edited by a m ole

But just let the Villa Park faithful have one last match with them with nowhere to run! Let us get the weight off OUR shoulders finally! Then we can wash our hands of them. It will be a joy to watch/hear.

Edited by Ingram85
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

But just let the Villa Park faithful have one last match with them with nowhere to run! Let us get the weight off OUR shoulders finally! Then we can wash our hands of them. It will be a joy to watch/hear.

I don't disagree, but I now think Black will continue to play them all season, not for that reason but because he thinks they can build bridges with the fans. They can't.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

now that we are down he would earn a lot more respect if he and board put some "players" on gardening leave and told not to come back

Absolutely. Rather than pay them off allowing them to earn even more money elsewhere put them on gardening leave, if they have any motivation to leave they will have to agree a vastly reduced settlement. If not let them rot.  

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

Sadly I think you are. I thought and hoped the same, but it looks like he's just going to stick with the same old wasters until he gets the heave-ho. 

The selection I cannot fathom is Richardson. This is a guy whose contract expires after four more games - he's now worthless in a financial sense, as well as a footballing one. And yet Black keeps picking him! Why? What is to be gained? Why not pick Gil/Veretout/Grealish/Sanchez/Green/anybody else who is actually an asset to Aston Villa Football Club? 

It's not like Richardson is some kind of indispensable match-winner. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don't disagree, but I now think Black will continue to play them all season, not for that reason but because he thinks they can build bridges with the fans. They can't.

Thats why Black is clueless. Stan or God's comments on twitter is what should be happening if we want to built bridges. Playing the players we hate is only fuelling the fire.. or building a bridge with foam. Its time he drops the ones we hate like he has with Gabby.... leave them out entirely.. not even travel with the squad. He can leave the likes of Cissohko Hutton Gana etc.. they are not the trouble ones.. they are limited players but you can see they are trying.

Bacuna Lescott Richardson Gabby RIchards Richardson should all be put down or locked up with Huell from Breaking Bad. 

Dont let them train with the youth. Dont let them near the training ground. Tell their agents to go find new clubs.

Edited by KSV

I truly can't fathom what is going on.  At the end of Sherwood's reign and K-Mac after him you could see they were making a point by picking none of the foreign players.  Idiotic and wrong, but that's what they were doing.  

We've seen Alli (all season) and Rashford more recently come in and really lift their teams.  Green has been one ray of light this season briefly - why not give him a run?  I can see no logical reason why at the very least Green, Grealish, Traore, Lyden aren't starting.  It has been more than proven all season that the team he selected is not good enough - why would you not try something different.  Even if they turn out to be worse (which they won't) what is to be gained by keeping the others out there.  It's mind boggling.

• Like 1

I can't understand this bloke. What did he have to lose by blooding a few youngsters ? He wasn't ever in the running for the full time job (or at least I hope he wasn't), and whoever comes in during the summer is likely to bring their own assistant with them, so this was his chance to show he could make some form of difference. Nobody expected him to keep us up, why not see if we have a few bright sparks coming through so that we can at least end the season with some promise. Instead he picks the same old sh1t week in and week out, and we get nothing not even a glimmer of hope.

if the mnager is on cruise control how can we expect the players not to be. Too many buffoons collecting big money week in and week out and doing nothing for it.

I really can't see what there is to gain by picking this same crap line-up yet again.

Pressure is off, We are down. This is the ideal time for a complete change & to try something different but we continue to pick the same shite that has got us here in the first place.

The whole lot of them other than Cowans need to piss off asap

• Like 1

I think he's done mostly the right things. Sacked off fatty and okore for bad attitudes. To play the kids is easier said than done. Putting them in to get hammered will harm them. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think he's done mostly the right things. Sacked off fatty and okore for bad attitudes. To play the kids is easier said than done. Putting them in to get hammered will harm them. 

I don't think they'd be hammered if played along side the few we have left with a decent attitude. Certainly no more hammered than the 'first' team are every week.

• Like 3

Â