The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

The cover of Heroes from the game series Rock Band is absolutely horrific.

In most cases the games managed to get the masters of songs, or at least an official recording (even if sometimes it's a live version). But there's a few where they ended up having to put in covers done by jobbing musicians. And this... **** hell. It's appalling.

Going back a few pages and the discussion about A FOrest covers... this popped up on my Spotify in a playlist I was listening to at the weekend. As someone that is rather precious about the song / tune, I quite like it

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, bickster said:

Going back a few pages and the discussion about A FOrest covers... this popped up on my Spotify in a playlist I was listening to at the weekend. As someone that is rather precious about the song / tune, I quite like it

As the instigator of said topic, thought I should give it a listen. Not my cup of tea per say but appreciate that it isn't just a carbon copy or complete s***. 

• Like 1

On 23/11/2020 at 08:42, bickster said:

This is bloody spectacular.

As thanks, here's the worst cover of A Forest that I know of... :twisted:

• Haha 3

I just posted about two of these artists in the AOTY 2020 thread, which reminded me that I really love covers of Wicked Game by Chris Isaak (even the infamous Mr Bungle live mash up with sex and violence) . So here's three

What a track

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to 6 Music and one of Gid Coe's sessions from the BBC Archives tonight is this legendary Peel Session from 1988 by Sonic Youth

An album, Daydream Nation I think was about to come out and the Youth were booked in for a Peel Session, do they do the obvious thing and showcase their new material (a fantastic album in its own right), nope they go in and record a session comprising of three covers of songs written by The Fall and a cover of The Fall covering The Kinks. Sonic Youth paying tribute to both The Fall and Peel himself (as The Fall was his favourite band)

Sonic Youth play My New House, Rowche Rumble, Psycho Maffia and Victoria. Quite magical for me being a fan of both bands

• Like 1

On 09/12/2020 at 18:45, GarethRDR said:

The juiciest cuts from the Talk Talk tribute/cover album

Hello, is that trading standards?

There’s a butcher selling roadkill as “juicy cuts”. Can you make him stop.

• Like 1

Â