The Good The Bad And The Ugly

Rugeley Villa

I heard “sorry for laughing” on the radio last week and thought “that’s a cover of a propaganda song”. But it was the original apparently. So this is the cover

28 minutes ago, blandy said:

heard “sorry for laughing” on the radio last week and thought “that’s a cover of a propaganda song”. But it was the original apparently. So this is the cover

Joseph K, I'd have thought you knew the original tbh. Nouvelle Vague did a cover too

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, bickster said:

Joseph K, I'd have thought you knew the original tbh.

Yeah maybe - Soon as it came on, I thought “I know this”…but my brain worked out that I knew it from Propaganda’s “A Secret Wish” (which, to be fair, I played to death in the mid 80s) rather than doing any further thinking about whether it might recognise it from anywhere else. Lazy gravy-addled brain.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Seat68 said:

I hate that. I hate Cash doing U2’s One and Waylon Jennings doing Baker Street. Awful songs. 

I don't like it either. I don't think Baker Street is an awful song, I think it's rather a masterpiece in its original incarnation. And I like Waylon. But it's just a wrong combination. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjmooney said:

I don't like it either. I don't think Baker Street is an awful song, I think it's rather a masterpiece in its original incarnation. And I like Waylon. But it's just a wrong combination. 

I never liked the original Mike, a case of familiarity breeds contempt. 

• Like 1

On 25/05/2021 at 20:04, Seat68 said:

I never liked the original Mike, a case of familiarity breeds contempt. 

Sorry to be pedantic, but that suggests that you DID like it initially, but went off it through overexposure. 

Loads of 70s 'classic rock' falls into that category for me - All Right Now, Layla, Sultans of Swing, Freebird, etc., etc. It's not that I don't like them (I do), I just don't ever need to hear them again for the millionth time. 

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Sorry to be pedantic, but that suggests that you DID like it initially, but went off it through overexposure. 

Loads of 70s 'classic rock' falls into that category for me - All Right Now, Layla, Sultans of Swing, Freebird, etc., etc. It's not that I don't like them (I do), I just don't ever need to hear them again for the millionth time. 

I must choose my words better. I never liked it or in fact disliked it and then through over play I ended up disliking it. 

Not quite a cover version but I had never heard/heard of Rose Garden by Lyn Anderson so had zero idea about this connection till 5 minutes ago. 

EDIT. Not sure why that bloke is going into the phone box with his dick hanging out. Looks well dodgy. 

Edited by sidcow

6 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Not quite a cover version but I had never heard/heard of Rose Garden by Lyn Anderson so had zero idea about this connection till 5 minutes ago. 

EDIT. Not sure why that bloke is going into the phone box with his dick hanging out. Looks well dodgy. 

Our sniggery school version was "I beg your pardon, I never promised you a huge hard-on" 

• Haha 1

Â